We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

KnockoutJS Support

Hello,

Will the official release of the JS tools have KnockoutJS support?

The current implementation I've seen in your documentation isn't complete so I was wondering if there will be a cleaner official implementation.

I've been evaluating many products and I want to use the grid tools for displaying data maintained in an observableArray.

We use websockets to update data that we display in the grid.

The reason we use knockout is we need to be able to "Merge" data from the server and the screen through user input and have the grid aggregate and group this combined data for user consumption.

Thanks,

5 Replies

JA John Arokyaraj V Syncfusion Team November 18, 2013 05:59 AM UTC

Hi Robin,

Thank you for using Syncfusion Products.

We will implement the Knockout JS support for Essential JS controls in our upcoming main release and it is planned to release on the first week of December. We will let you know once the main version has been rolled out. So, Please be patience until we will get back  to you.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thanks,
John Arokyaraj V

JA John Arokyaraj V Syncfusion Team January 15, 2014 08:35 AM UTC

Hi Robin ,

We had given partial ‘Knockout JS’ support which include  observable data binding for our Essential JS widgets. We have planned to provide complete ‘Knockout JS’ support in our VOL 1, 2014 release. We have showcased the ‘Knockout JS’ support in our sample browser.

Link : http://js.syncfusion.com/demos/#!/azure/autocomplete/KO%20Support

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thanks/Regards,

John Arokyaraj V

CT Christos Tatitzikidis February 22, 2014 12:32 PM UTC

Hi there,
so does this mean that there will be proper knockout support across the controls? Because at the moment they are looking good, but there is no support for even text observables on text boxes or selects etc. which makes them pretty useless if you are using Knockout...

Thanks,
Christos

CT Christos Tatitzikidis February 22, 2014 12:44 PM UTC

On dropdowns there is no initialization on the selected value. 
On textboxes there is no initialization either and when for example you use the arrows on a numeric, the viewmodel is not updated. When you type in it's fine...

SM Suganya M Syncfusion Team February 26, 2014 04:34 PM UTC

Hi Christos,

Thanks for using Syncfusion Products.

Currently, we have given KnockOut JS support only for data source property for data bound widgets like Auto complete, Drop down list, Menu, Rotator Toolbar, Tree view and Tag cloud widgets. We have considered all your suggestions and we will implement the complete Knock out Support for all functionalities for all our Essential JS Widgets in our upcoming release (2014 Vol-1) which is expected to be rolled out at the end of the March. We appreciate your patience until then.

Please get back to us if you need further assistance.

Thanks/Regards,

Suganya M

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon