We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

MDI with UseInteropCompatibilityMode

Hi!

I found that if i use the ContainerMode="MDI" with UseInteropCompatibilityMode="True" that it will limit the "canvas" where MDI "windows" can placed. It's just the visible part. If I set UseInteropCompatibilityMode to False that I have an "infinite canvas with scrollbars" where the "windows" can be placed.
Is there solution for using UseInteropCompatibilityMode="True" with the posibility of the "infinite canvas with scrollbars"?
Thanks,
    Lacka

3 Replies

MM Muthalagu M Syncfusion Team October 18, 2013 05:52 AM UTC

Hi Laszlo,

Thanks for using Syncfusion Products.

We are not able to understand your update and we need some clarification from you regarding "limit the "canvas" where MDI "windows" can placed. It's just the visible part. If I set UseInteropCompatibilityMode to False that I have an "infinite canvas with scrollbars" where the "windows" can be placed". Could you please update us more information of reported scenario by simple sample or video of scenario you have faced? It would be better for us to analyse further and provide you a better solution.

Regards,
Muthalagu

LN Laszlo Nemeth October 18, 2013 12:49 PM UTC

Hi,

If You set UseInteropCompatibilityMode to False, the "windows" can be drag on a canvas with scrollbars. So if you drag away a window eg. right, the scroll appears and let you "place" your window anywhere on an "infinite" place.
But using UseInteropCompatibilityMode true, you can just drag an place windows on the visible area, on a "canvas without scrollbars".

Lacka

MM Muthalagu M Syncfusion Team October 24, 2013 05:09 AM UTC

Hi Laszlo,

Thank you for your update.

Still we are not able to understand you requirement but we have prepared a simple sample with our docking manager and you can download that sample from the attachment.

In attached sample, we have placed the Canvas as MDI Window and one dock window. Could you please modify this sample to get idea of your requirement and update that modified sample to us? It would be better for us to analyse further and provide you a better solution.

Regards,
Muthalagu

CanvasPlacementMDIWindows_cbc97602.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon