We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Essential Studio Deployment

Hi,

I am just wondering why Syncfusion is one of the few Third party Control provider Vendors that does not have MSI packages to deploy their Essential studio package?

The only way to be able to deploy it to multiple users is to do it manually or by a silent install that i read on another thread by using /Installpath and /PIDKey switch using the .exe  . 

Also the fact that there is absolutely no documentation whatsoever about the available switches is kind of disturbing. There is no Silent switch i'm aware of or a Logging Switch, nothing.
I was under the impression that these packages were meant for companies. Well companies need to distribute them and not do it manually so i'm hoping someone can point me into the right direction and hopefully not give me an answer that it isn't possible/available.

1 Reply

VN Vadivel Natarajan Syncfusion Team October 3, 2013 03:00 PM UTC

Hi Surush Samani,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

With regard to the query “why Syncfusion is one of the few Third party Control provider Vendors that does not have MSI packages to deploy their Essential studio package?”, we would like to let you know that we are using WIX advanced technology ‘Bootstrapper’ to develop our Essential Studio application. MSI file will ship from the inbuilt exe file which will be extracted in to one of the folders in temp location while installing Essential Studio setup.

With regard to the query “Also the fact that there is absolutely no documentation whatsoever about the available switches is kind of disturbing”, we would like to let you know that we have an Online User Guide documentation about silent installation of our Essential Studio setup. Please refer the following help documentation link to know about how to install our Essential Studio setup through command line in silent mode.

http://help.syncfusion.com/ug/common/default.htm#!documents/commandlineinstallation.htm

Please let us know if you need any further assistance on this.

Regards,

Vadivel N

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon