We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Where can I view a demo application using the controls for LightSwitch

Where can I view a demo application using the controls for LightSwitch?
How much is the controls for the lightswitch?

Thank You

7 Replies

AA Allen Adams September 12, 2013 06:23 PM UTC

Strangely enough, they are hidden away as a Shortcut here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\11.3.0.30\Samples

Clicking the LightSwitch link takes you to:

C:\Users\[YourName]\AppData\Local\Syncfusion\EssentialStudio\11.3.0.30\LightSwitch

MR Marden Rodrigues September 12, 2013 07:19 PM UTC

Hi Allen,

What is the price of the component

Thank You

MR Marden Rodrigues September 12, 2013 08:41 PM UTC

I installed Essential Studio 113030 (all options selected) but there was no example of lightswitch installed.
I tried to create a new project in visual studio 2012 update 2 and there was no extension of Syncfusion for lightswitch.
When will we be able to test the extensions for LightSwitch?

LightSwitch_Samples_ff7b9dd1.zip

AA Allen Adams September 13, 2013 06:18 AM UTC

This is another oversight from the Syncfusion team in that the LS controls are not in the 11.3 Enterprise package.  You'll need to download a separate LS installation package at:

http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/latest-version

MR Marden Rodrigues September 13, 2013 03:20 PM UTC

Hi Allen,

What is the price of the component

Thank You

MR Marden Rodrigues September 13, 2013 05:43 PM UTC

I installed the extension to test it and would like to get some items for the improvement of the same,
because I want to help you to make a better quality component.

problems:

General = has examples in VB.NET;
         the exeplos could be part of the same project,
         no need to create a project for each example.

Editors = Very slow to load on the grid

Report Viewer = No such remote processing

Grid = When we grouped items on the grid it does not espande with the click of a mouse;
        has no indicator when the item is excluded;
        buttons are always at the bottom of the grid

Shell does not work = web, the desktop had a few times where he did not open any screen, this happened
         after maximixar, minimize menu

Theme = has no indicator when the item is excluded;

suggestions:

Editors = video player;
           . doc,. xlsx,. jpg,. pdf viewer;
           excel control;

Report Viewer = upload reports directly from the report server;
                 have a field where I can inform the user and password of the server reports,
                 without appearing to be the default authentication popup that appears when we try
                 open a report in internet explorer.

Shell = Leave the same way in windows forms with menus and sub​​-menus with the possibility of placing images on any level of the menu.

VN Vadivel Natarajan Syncfusion Team September 17, 2013 01:10 AM UTC

Hi Marden,

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

Please find below the response for your queries.

Q1)Where can I view a demo application using the controls for LightSwitch?

A1)We would like to let you know that there is a ‘Explore Samples’ option for LightSwitch available in the dashboard to view the LightSwitch Samples. When you click ‘Explore Samples’ option in dashboard, you will be navigate to the below mentioned LightSwitch Samples installed location.

$System Drive$\Users\{User Name}\AppData\Local\Syncfusion\EssentialStudio\{Version}\LightSwitch\

Eg:  C:\Users\Vadivel\AppData\Local\Syncfusion\EssentialStudio\11.3.0.30\LightSwitch\

Also, there is a shortcut available in the below mentioned installed location to view the LightSwitch Samples. When you click the ‘LightSwitch’ shortcut, you will be navigate to the above mentioned LightSwitch Samples installed location.

$System Drive$\{Program Files Folder}\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\{Version}\Samples\

C:\Program Files (x86)\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\11.3.0.30\Samples

Q2)How much is the controls for the lightswitch?/ What is the price of the component

A2)Since we released LightSwitch as a beta version(v11.3.0.30), it is free to download and use.

Q3)When will we be able to test the extensions for LightSwitch?

A3)We would like to let you know that we did not integrate LightSwitch with Essential Studio single installer released in our recent main public Vol 3 release. Since we released LightSwitch as a beta version. We will include the LightSwitch with Essential Studio Single installer when we release the LightSwitch main version. So, currently we are providing a Essential Studio for LightSwitch v11.3.0.30 as a separate installer and it can be downloaded from the following link.

http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/latest-version

Please let me know if you need any further assistance.

Regards,

Vadivel N

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon