We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Grid Paging is a Disaster

Since this is in beta, I wanted to add a bit of perspective before you finalize your js suite and hopefully make it better - since I've invested my money into your product I can only hope to make it a better one.

Paging in grids: If you look up my history you will see I have a number of support incidents around the way Syncfusion has decided to implement paging in an AJAX world - or hasn't. Your samples for JS suffer from the same problem that the Enterprise suite does and your forums do - please, review the 3rd post: 

you were directed to page 1, but I was on page 2 - major failure!

Paging is unusable except for the most rudimentary uses. I can't use your library in the majority of cases without a bunch of hacks per my incident ticket solutions (which I'm grateful for, but would be happier if they were not needed). There is no way to return a user to where they were in a given grid. If I page into a grid 3 pages and leave and come back (usign browser back button or link) I have to start all over. If I want to send someone a link, I can't. I'm not sure why the Syncfusion engineers continue to miss this point. Whether you do postback paging or want to add a #page=3 in the URL and load that page automatically (which would be wicked cool) there needs to be something. The grids are nice to play with and can be used in some instances but, if I need paging, I can't use them.

Please fix this! Make your product usable.

1 Reply

RD Rakesh D Syncfusion Team July 23, 2013 12:30 PM UTC

Hi Tony,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Query : Paging in Grid?

We would like to let you know that we have added a feature request for “Support to maintain the paging information in QueryString of URL”. We suggest you to create an incident in your direct trac account for further follow up on this feature.  

You can login to your Direct-Trac account using the credentials and password that are provided by our sales team to create incident. I would request you to use the following link to login to your DT account.

http://www.syncfusion.com/account/Logon

Please let us know if you need further assistance. We would be happy to assist you. 

Regards,

Rakesh D

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon