We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

RibbonControlAdv not displaying MenuButtonText value on the Menu Button

When enabling the MenuButton(MenuButtonVisible=true), and setting the MenuButtonText property to a value(I set it to "File"), the ribboncontroladv will not show the text on the menu button... 

ribboncontroladvmenubuttontextnotdisplaying_b4defd2.zip

5 Replies

PA Paul Anderson S Syncfusion Team July 10, 2013 05:50 AM UTC

Hi Sam,

Thanks for your interest in syncfusion products.

We regret to inform you that we are not able to reproduce the reported issue with RibbonControlAdv. We have created a sample to test the reported issue which is availale in the below link.

Sample: http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/Support/DirectTrac/110497/WindowsFormsApplication53-308743276.zip

Please have a look at the sample and if the issue still exists please provide us a reproducing sample with the steps to reproduce.

Please let us know if you have any concerns.

Regards,
Paul Anderson S

SS Sam Shteinman July 10, 2013 03:31 PM UTC

Hey Paul, thanks for your help, unfortunately I can't upgrade to 11.2.0.25 this late in the release. Is there any way you could provide a sample and/or a workaround for 10.4.0.71? 

PA Paul Anderson S Syncfusion Team July 15, 2013 04:21 AM UTC

Hi Sam,

Thanks for the update.

We regret to inform you that we are not able to reproduce the reported issue with RibbonControlAdv. We have created a sample in 10.4.0.71 version to test the reported issue which is availale in the below link.

Sample: http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/Support/DirectTrac/110638/WindowsFormsApplication10-621965329.zip

Please have a look at the sample and if the issue still exists please provide us a reproducing sample with the steps to reproduce so that we can figureout the cause for the issue and provide you a better solution.

Regards,
Paul Anderson S

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 17, 2013 04:06 PM UTC

Hi Paul,

It seems the issue has to do with the Windows Theme that I choose. 
If I were to set my operating system theme to Windows Classic then the issue occurs where I cannot see the "File" text.

But if I were to set the theme to Windows 7 Basic, I can see the "File" text.

Two questions:

1. Is it possible for you to provide a workaround so that File is displayed under a theme other than Windows 7 Basic?

2. Can you to tell me where the MenuButtonText color property is being set?

PA Paul Anderson S Syncfusion Team July 20, 2013 04:40 PM UTC

Hi Sam,

Thanks for the update.

We are able to see the reported issue and it has been fixed in our latest version 11.2.0.25. We regret to inform you that we cannot workaround this.Please upgrade to our latest version to get the issue resolved or create a incident regarding this in our direct trac so that we can provide you the patch fix in your version 10.4.0.71.

Regards,
Paul Anderson S

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon