We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

GridDynamicFilter slow performance

Hi!

I have 35K records in my virtual grouping grid configured with GridDynamicFilter. If I start typing in the filter cell box, GUI freezes and there is a sudden CPU spike. How can I speed this up? Please note that filter should take effect once a character is keyed in.

Thanks!

3 Replies

AS Athiram S Syncfusion Team June 4, 2013 06:26 AM UTC

Hi Erwin,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Regret for the inconvenience. I am afraid that I am unable to reproduce the mentioned issue in GridGroupingControl, when the Dynamic Filter is used to filter the records in GridGroupingContorl. It takes very less time to filter the records in GridGroupingControl. 

Also, in GridGroupingControl  Engine Optimization techniques are used yo increase performance for larger data sources. This makes the GridGroupingControl operating with Virtual Mode and there by increasing the performance. For more information on this please refer the below browser samples shipped with the product.

Grid.Grouping.Samples -> Performaence -> Engine Optimization Demo
Grid.Grouping.Samples -> Performaence -> GroupingPerofmance Demo

Please have a look at the above sample and if still the issue exists, could you please try reproducing it in the above sample or send us the reproducing sample so that we could sort out the cause of the issue and provide you a solution? Thanks for providing additional information 

Please let me know if you have any concerns.

Regards,
Athiram S

EM Erwin Magsino September 30, 2013 11:24 AM UTC

Hi Athiram,

I tried Grouping Performance Demo and enabled all the filters and issue is happening. It takes time to open up and populate choices. Record count is 20K. If you try filtering from Name column which records are diverse, the issue is evident.

Could you please advise?

Thanks,
Erwin

AK Arun Kumar V Syncfusion Team October 4, 2013 03:57 AM UTC

Hi Erwin,

Thanks for the update.

Query:

GridDynamicFilter performance problem.

We hardly tried reproducing the reported issue, but if you are loading more records the CPU performance will be little bit high. But considering GridGroupingControl performance it had been highly provided to resolve  performance related issues.

Please let us know the following concern.

1.       What is the Essential studio version you are currently using?

2.       Please provide us the modified sample of the GroupingPerformace sample so that we can figure out what exactly you have tried.

Please let me know if you have any concerns.

Regards,

Arun.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon