We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.
Syncfusion Feedback

Essential Studio 2013 Volume 2 Final Release v11.2.0.25 available for download

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

108998 May 24,2013 07:10 PM UTC Sep 12,2013 03:01 AM UTC Announcements 9
Tags: Announcements
kannan Eswar [Syncfusion]
Asked On May 24, 2013 07:10 PM UTC

Unlock Key: If your Essential Studio license is current, you will be able to obtain the key to install this version from your account in DirectTrac. Otherwise, please contact your Syncfusion Sales Representative or e-mail salessupport@syncfusion.com .
Please email salessupport@syncfusion.com for more details. Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion Essential Studio.

Regards,
Syncfusion Essential Studio Team

Winfried Andreas
Replied On May 27, 2013 11:54 AM UTC

Hello,

there seems to be an issue with Offline Documentation for Visual Studio 2005/08 (Userguide combined with Class Reference).

After installation no entries for the class reference are visible the complete index list is empty for this area.
The only index/content shown are the items of the userguide.
I have tried to reproduce this on a vm with clean install, the same result as well.

regards, W. Andreas

Vadivel N [Syncfusion]
Replied On June 11, 2013 09:12 AM UTC

Hi Winfried Andreas,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

Please find below the response for your query.

Q) After installation no entries for the class reference are visible the complete index list is empty for this area.

A) Do you mean this issue is being occurred only when we select “Syncfusion Essential Studio Class Reference” from the dropdown box of the Contents option as shown in the below screenshot? If so, we are able to reproduce the reported issue from our end. We will fix this issue in our next volume release (2013 Volume 3 release).

Also we would like to let you know that, we could able to view the Class Reference content in the Contents option when we select “no filter” from the dropdown box. Please refer the below screenshot.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Vadivel N

Winfried Andreas
Replied On June 15, 2013 03:38 PM UTC

Hello,

A)
Yes, Opening Document Explorer 2005 and navigating to Tab "Contents", i see nothing when i set the Filter to "... Class Reference" as shown in your screenshot. Below you see the corresponding view on my system:

B)
Unluckily on my system i do not have the "no filters"-option in the "Filtered by"-drop-down of the "Contents"-section.  I can only directly choose between "... Class Reference" and "... User Guide" as shown below:

Best regards, W. Andreas

Winfried Andreas
Replied On June 15, 2013 03:49 PM UTC

Hello,

just as an additional info to my personal usage scenario documented in the above screenshots:
On the machine i am using there is no Visual Studio 2005 installed (neither the full product nor any integrated shell as for example for sql server 2005 tools), i am using syncfusion's standalone viewer for the VS2005 help system format. Maybe this is part of my above documented problem not to see the "no filter"-option, because there are no help files present  in the viewer other than syncfusion ones.

The machine is equipped with a VS 2012 full product install and a VS 2010 integrated shell coming from a local SQL Server 2012 installation.

I just prefer the way the "old fashioned" document explorer works over the Help 1.1/2.0 usability of VS2010/2012 for using syncfusion documentation, so i am glad that you still provide the old school standalone viewer.

Best regards, W. Andreas

Winfried Andreas
Replied On June 15, 2013 03:49 PM UTC

Hello,

just as an additional info to my personal usage scenario documented in the above screenshots:
On the machine i am using there is no Visual Studio 2005 installed (neither the full product nor any integrated shell as for example for sql server 2005 tools), i am using syncfusion's standalone viewer for the VS2005 help system format. Maybe this is part of my above documented problem not to see the "no filter"-option, because there are no help files present  in the viewer other than syncfusion ones.

The machine is equipped with a VS 2012 full product install and a VS 2010 integrated shell coming from a local SQL Server 2012 installation.

I just prefer the way the "old fashioned" document explorer works over the Help 1.1/2.0 usability of VS2010/2012 for using syncfusion documentation, so i am glad that you still provide the old school standalone viewer.

Best regards, W. Andreas

Vadivel N [Syncfusion]
Replied On June 19, 2013 07:05 AM UTC

Hi Winfried Andreas,

Thanks for the update.

Q1) Yes, Opening Document Explorer 2005 and navigating to Tab "Contents", i see nothing when i set the Filter to "... Class Reference"

A1) Thank you for confirming the reported issue is being occurred when we set the filter to “Syncfusion Essential Studio Class Reference” in the Contents tab in Document Explorer. As we said already, we will fix this issue in our next volume release (2013 Volume 3 release).

Q2) Unluckily on my system i do not have the "no filters"-option in the "Filtered by"-drop-down of the "Contents"-section.  I can only directly choose between "... Class Reference" and "... User Guide"

A2) Did you view our help documentation content from the Syncfusion Start menu shortcut(Start ->Syncfusion ->Essential Studio Documentation ->Help ->View Documentation [or] Start ->Syncfusion ->Essential Studio 11.2.0.25 ->Dashboard ->Utilities ->Documentation ->VS2005/VS2008 Class reference and User Guide)? 

If so, then please launch the Document Explorer from the following path to view our help documentation and let us know whether "Unfiltered" / "no filter" option is available in Contents tab in the Microsoft Document Explorer. If "Unfiltered" / "no filter" option is available in Contents tab in the Microsoft Document Explorer after launching it from the below mentioned path, then please follow the solution provided in our previous update to view the Class Reference content from Microsoft Document Explorer.

Path: Start-> All Programs -> Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 -> Click Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Documentation. 

Please refer the screenshot below for "unfiltered" option.

Note: Screenshot for "no filter" option is already provided in our previous update.

For your information, you can also view our help documentation in online also. Please find below the online link to view our help documentation in online.

http://help.syncfusion.com/

Q3) Maybe this is part of my above documented problem not to see the "no filter"-option, because there are no help files present  in the viewer other than syncfusion ones

A3) We have checked by installing the Microsoft Document Explorer alone in a machine and we can able to view the “no filter” option in Document Explorer when we follow the solution provided for the Q2 in this update. So Visual Studio 2005 not installed in your machine did not affect the Document Explorer.

Regards,
Vadivel N

Winfried Andreas
Replied On September 8, 2013 08:02 PM UTC

Hello Vadivel,

thanks for the update.

My problem is exactly this: There is no VS2005 nor vs2008 on the machine, as quoted in my previous mail, only vs1010 and vs2012. Therefor i cannot follow the provided link, because the original microsoft document explorer 2005/2008 is simply not present.

I suspect that exactly this is the problem, because on another machine with a present vs2005 the problem does not occur. Something in syncfusions implementation of "startdexplore.exe" seems to cause this, if no regular ms document explorer is present (there is no entry in "Programs and Features"  pointing to either ms document explorer 2005 or ms document explorer 2008).

By the way, that behaviour remains after the update to the current Essential Studio version 11.3.0.30,

regards W. Andreas

Winfried Andreas
Replied On September 9, 2013 07:00 AM UTC

Hello Vadivel,

please ignore my last mail.

In contrast to what i was saying before, on the machines where the problem arises there is indeed a "hidden" installation of document explorer 2005 present, not showing up in "Programs and features", not being present in the start menu  and not as part if VS2005 (which is not present). Not sure what application did install this instance, but there's a bunch of legacy stuff on that machines, my apologies for the inconvenience.

dexplore.exe on that machines is located in "%ProgramFiles(x86)&\Common Files\microsoft shared\Help 8", so i suppose that startdexplore will use this executable.

Unluckily if i cannot start dexplore directly from there to follow your recent proposals, because no help collections seem to be registered when doing so. I guess that syncfusions startdexplore does the heavy lifting under that circumstances.

If you have an idea what could be done, this would be appreciated, otherwise please close this issue.

Regards, W. Andreas

Vadivel N [Syncfusion]
Replied On September 12, 2013 03:01 AM UTC

Hi Winfried Andreas,

We regret for the inconvenience caused.

We suspect that Microsoft Document Explorer 2005 installed(hidden) in your machine has corrupted or Microsoft Document Explorer 2005 related files has been removed during the Visual Studio 2005 uninstallation. Due to this, you may face the reported error. In order to view our Offline Class Reference help contents in help viewer of Visual Studio 2005/2008 without any error,  we kindly request you to uninstall existing Document explorer for 2005 and  install Visual Studio 2005/2008 followed by our Offline Class Reference setup for Visual Studio 2005/2008. Since Visual Studio 2005/2008 is not installed in your machine. Else, you can download and install the Offline Class Reference setup for Visual Studio 2010/Visual Studio 2012 and check as Visual Studio 2012 is installed in your machine. Since all our help setup contents are similar.

Note: Microsoft Help Viewer 1.1 is required to view our help contents in Visual Studio 2010 and Microsoft Help Viewer 2.0 is required to view our help contents in Visual Studio 2012.

Regards,

Vadivel N

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

Warning Icon You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.Close Icon

;