We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Installation of version 11 fails with critical error message

I am using win7 64bit. I installed a patch to Windows Forms Essential Edit that didn't complete properly. All my program references were broken after that. I tried to re-install both wpf and forms only to get an unfriendly dialog box.

After the unzip step, the installer fails with a critical dialog box (both forms and wpf). I tried uninstalling, run as administrator, using the windows cleanup utility, etc and I can't get syncfusion to install and my project is broken now. All these uninstallers removed syncfusion from the GAC and there are no references and I can't do anything now :(

Also the version 11 installer does not work on windows XP, it just says it is complete and nothing installs.

When I first installed version 11, the installer had problems shutting down, and I had to close the installer manually the next day. However, everything installed successfully.

errormessage_b8015506.zip

1 Reply

VN Vadivel Natarajan Syncfusion Team May 7, 2013 08:49 AM UTC

Hi Lenny,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

We have checked the reported install error in the same scenario. We are not able to reproduce the reported install error from our end. Please follow the steps mentioned below to resolve the uninstall issue.

1.Download the Syncfusion Install Cleanup.zip file from the below link.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/files2.syncfusion.com/Installs/Support/Syncfusion%20Install%20Cleanup/Syncfusion%20Install%20Cleanup.zip

2.Extract the downloaded zip file.

3.Please run the SyncfusionCleanupWindow.exe

4.Pop up window will be open as like the below screenshot. Select the Syncfusion Essential Studio version which you want to uninstall and then click Remove.

Please refer the screenshot below.

5.Now, you can reinstall the corresponding version Essential studio setup with the respective version unlock key.

Still if you face the same issue, we suspect that setup has been corrupted. So can you please re-download the Syncfusion Essential Studio setup v11.1.0.21 and install the downloaded setup with the respective unlock key?

Please let me know, if you have any concerns.

Regards,

Vadivel N

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon