We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon
Starting in 2019, the Reporting control is no longer included in Essential Studio. If you're experiencing issues with the Syncfusion Reporting Platform, Report Viewer, Report Designer, or Report Writer, we recommend migrating to Bold Reports, our dedicated reporting platform.

Bold Reports offers a comprehensive suite of tools and features for all your reporting needs, and we will help you make a smooth transition from the discontinued control. Our support team at https://support.boldreports.com/ is here to assist you with any questions or difficulties you may encounter during the migration process.

We thank you for choosing Syncfusion and appreciate your understanding.

Report Designer using XML data source

I have designed a few reports in Business Intelligence and I had hoped I could extend this to the rdl reporting in Syncfusion.  However, I've found that where I can pass in-memory data (in XML format) to the report in BI, I don't seem able to do the same in Report Designer.
It won't let me specify element names and subsequently field names, to allow parsing of the data, so I have no idea of how to format xml passed as either a parameter, or as a file in IIS.

Is this normal operation, or have I missed something?

Thanks.

6 Replies

AS Anandakumar S Syncfusion Team May 1, 2013 08:52 AM UTC

Hi Alan,

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

We don’t have support to load memory data in ReportDesigner, it supports for XML DataSource with empty query string. We have logged feature request for the supports and  it will be available in our upcoming release.

Thanks,

Anandakumar S    

AW Alan White May 3, 2013 11:04 AM UTC

Thank you. Such an inclusion would be of considerable use to us.

AS Anandakumar S Syncfusion Team May 4, 2013 05:47 AM UTC

Hi Alan,

Thank you for the patience.

Regards,
Anandakumar S

AW Alan White June 5, 2013 11:25 AM UTC

Hi,

I thought it may be useful to provide a project showing what we'd like to see, so that you can understand it.  The report inside contains a Master report and a Details report (which is the supreport inside the master.
XML is passed as a parameter to the Master report and this is then also passed as a parameter to the subreport, where totalling, etc, is performed.
You'll also see that the dataset properties in each case have the ability to parse the XML from the query string provided to output to the releveant report fields.

Thanks.

XML Project_f005c34a.zip

AS Anandakumar S Syncfusion Team June 6, 2013 12:34 PM UTC

Hi  Alan,

Thanks for sharing sample with us .

We will consider this one in our upcoming release .

Thanks,

Anandakumar S

SU subramaniam December 21, 2017 08:50 AM UTC

hi Alan
 i cannot run the xml sample project as u have given in the link

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon