We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

gridgroupingcontrol does not 'update' the record

I am using VS 2010 with Syncfusion Essential Studio 9.2.0.138

I have a gridgrouping control using a SqlDataSource which pulls a simple select statement from a table of about 500 records. 

I selected "Enable Editing" and have also selected ADVANCED -> Generate INSERT, UPDATE, and DELETE statements in the Data Source options

When i update the record in the UI of my website, it looks like it changes. however, the database never updates.

Suggestions?

5 Replies

EB Evan Bossett April 5, 2013 12:35 PM UTC

Just a little more info - I created a small sample web site and it works fine. 

However, in my larger application, the web form which hosts the control is inside a master page. the scriptmanager is in the master page along with other logic.  technically, that should still be OK, right?  but the data changes in the control on the page, but not in the database.

RD Rakesh D Syncfusion Team April 11, 2013 05:51 PM UTC

Hi Evan,

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

Query : data changes in the control on the page, but not in the database ?

We would like to let you know that placing scriptmanager in page or in master page both are same and does the same job. We have prepared a simple sample demonstrating the working by placing scriptmanager in the masterpage and modified records are updated in gridgroupingcontrol and updated in database also. Please refer the below attached sample for further details.

Could you please try the below sample and get back to us whether you are able to reproduce the issue? If not, could you please give more information or by reproducing the issue in the above sample so that we could sort out the issue and provide you with solution. The information provided would be of great help in resolving the issue.

Please let us know if you have any concerns.

Regards,

Rakesh D

GGC_DatabaseUpdate_ccbfbb85.zip

MA manoja August 6, 2013 06:47 AM UTC

Hi,
This is Manoja,
I m unable down load the zip folder what ever you have given for edit , update, delete the gridgrouping data into db

MA manoja August 6, 2013 06:51 AM UTC

I m new to the sync fusion controls, Please provide the correct link.Thanks in advance.

AM Abdul Matin M Syncfusion Team August 22, 2013 12:22 PM UTC

Hi Manoja,

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

We are extremely sorry for the inconvenience caused and thank a lot for your patience. We have attached the sample and the same can be downloaded from the link below.

Please let us know if you have any other concerns.

Regards,

Abdul Matin M

WebSite11_d271835b.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon