We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

DocIO w/ LightSwitch + Word Forms

I have an official form provided in pdf format (attached) The form is intended to be filled out and signed manually. State law requires the use of this form and I have learned there is a significant regional market of small business owners looking for a way to automate compliance.
I intend to use Visual Studio LightSwitch 2012 to build the (Silverlight) app used to record, manage and report data.

I want to automate filling the form out using a LightSwitch (Silverlight) app and think DocIO will work well for this project --but-- I need to retain the look and feel of the form as it is provided by a government entity and I've never worked with Word Forms.

I've used a tool to convert the official pdf file into a docx file and learned the "form" is now basically an image that retains some text editing capabilities. What I am looking for now is a best practice to learn how to use Word 2007 to create the form fields.

If I can learn to use Word 2007 to convert the file into a fillable form and determine the viability of doing so I can justify purchasing Syncfusion product.

Can anybody help me get started with documentation or other known information that can help me learn and use a best practice to convert a pdf file converted into docx that must then be turned into a Word Form?

WI Pawnbroker Property Transaction Record_ce1503bc.zip

1 Reply

SS Siva Subramanian Syncfusion Team March 27, 2013 01:49 PM UTC

Hi Clinton,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Regarding "Creating template word document with Form Fields and filling the same with values from data":

We have created a simple sample to create a template word document consisting of Form fields as well as with the option to fill the form fields with the entered data and generate the output document. Please find the sample from below link.

Sample Link:

http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/Support/DirectTrac/General/Sample-1097093651.zip

Here in the sample, Click "Generate Template" button to generate a template word document consisting of Form fields.

After entering sample data, Click "Fill Form" button to generate word documents with form fields filled with data.

For more information on form fields, refer below link:

http://help.syncfusion.com/ug/silverlight/docio/Documents/formfield.htm

Regarding "PDF to Word conversion": Currently DocIO does not have support to convert PDF format into Word format.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Sivasubramanian

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon