We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Resolution problems.

Hello, is there a way to increase the resolution of the image of a graph when exporting to PDF, I have problems with low resolution. Thank you.

9 Replies

GL George Livingston Syncfusion Team February 22, 2013 03:50 AM UTC

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for using Syncfusion product.

Can you please provide us a sample to reproduce the resolution problem, it would be more helpful for us to investigating on this.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,

George

LK Lee K June 18, 2013 04:45 AM UTC

Hi Syncfusion Team,
I met the same problem when using HtmlConverter.
Can you give me how to improve this? (please see attached files).
Thank you,
Lee K

PDF_338dada7.rar

KC Karthikeyan Chandrasekar Syncfusion Team June 19, 2013 07:16 AM UTC

Hi Lee K,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

Html to Pdf converter make use of MSHTML(IE rendering engine) for converting Html pages to PDF.

With IE 9/10 there is a known issue that it generates only raster image. You can get more information on this from the following link:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee330732(v=vs.85).aspx#iviewobject_draw

As explained, to solve this, the key FEATURE_IVIEWOBJECTDRAW_DMLT9_WITH_GDI should be updated in the registry.

Please refer the below link.

http://help.syncfusion.com/ug/asp.net/pdf/default.htm#!documents/howcanwemakeie9toren.htm

Thanks,

Karthikeyan.C

LK Lee K June 20, 2013 09:59 AM UTC

Hi Karthikeyan C,
Thank you for your response and explaination. I tried looking for the key FEATURE_IVIEWOBJECTDRAW_DMLT9_WITH_GDI but I  could not find in the registry. My server is Windows  Server 2008 R2 Enterprise with IE9 installed. Could you give me some instructions for next step.
Thanks in advance,
Lee K

RegistryEditor_60cc30bb.rar

KC Karthikeyan Chandrasekar Syncfusion Team June 24, 2013 04:37 AM UTC

HI Lee,

Thank you for your update.

The key FEATURE_IVIEWOBJECTDRAW_DMLT9_WITH_GDI should be updated in the registry.

Please run the utility placed in the following location to perform the above mentioned changes automatically.

Start->Syncfusion->Essential Studio 11.2.0.25->Utilities->PDF->IE Legacy Drawing->Enable GDI Rendering

Please let us know if you have any concern.

Thanks,

Karthikeyan.C

LK Lee K June 25, 2013 03:19 AM UTC

Hi Karthikeyan.C,
Thank you for the reply. 
I updated the key FEATURE_IVIEWOBJECTDRAW_DMLT9_WITH_GDI in the registry but did not work for me (I know the registry will not effective in IE9 Standards mode. tested with difference modes). 
Thanks in advance,
Lee K

IVIEWOBJECTDRAW_68efea1a.rar

KC Karthikeyan Chandrasekar Syncfusion Team June 25, 2013 11:37 AM UTC

Hi Lee,

Could you please check once again by running the utility with elevated permission “Run as Administrator” and then click “Enable GDI Rendering” to apply the registry changes?

Also check by updating the registry in both HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE (and) HKEY_CURRENT_USER.

I.e., HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\MAIN\FeatureControl\FEATURE_IVIEWOBJECTDRAW_DMLT9_WITH_GDI

Please let us know if the issue still reproduces.

Thanks,

Karthikeyan.C

LK Lee K June 26, 2013 03:18 AM UTC

Hi Karthikeyan C, 
Thank you for the help.
I make sure that the IE Legacy Drawing run as Administrator and found the FEATURE_IVIEWOBJECTDRAW_DMLT9_WITH_GDI in HKEY_CURRENT_USER after I clicked "Enable GDI Rendering" (NOT exist in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE). The Pdf file still look blear after exporting (see the previous attached file please).
Thanks in advance,
Lee K

KC Karthikeyan Chandrasekar Syncfusion Team June 28, 2013 11:19 AM UTC

Hi Lee,

Could you please manually create the key FEATURE_IVIEWOBJECTDRAW_DMLT9_WITH_GDI in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE also, and try again converting Html to Pdf.

If the issue still reproduces please create a new Direct Trac incident with the title “Forum:107215-Resolution Problem” to get more assistance.

Please let us know if you have any concern.

Thanks,

Karthikeyan.C

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon