We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Append content to an existing file (xlsx - Office 2007)

Hi,

I'm having some problems when I try to append some content to an existing file with the xlsx extension (also when the model file is blank).

When I try to open the file after the append of the content, Excel says that there are some problems on the files and shows me a dialog for asking me to try to recover the file.

This problem is visible only when there is Office 2007 installed on the PC.

Do you have any suggestions for solving this problem?

Thank you

Best regards,

Mirko Salvia

5 Replies

RS Ricerca Sviluppo February 14, 2013 03:26 PM UTC

I also attach the files from my test.

The first file (Blank_model.xlsx) is the model, the second one (error_file.xlsx) is the file result of the exporting with XlsIO and the third one (recovered_file.xlsx) is the file created by Excel after the dialog of revover of the file.

Thank you

Mirko Salvia

files_f947e087.zip

SR Sridhar Syncfusion Team February 19, 2013 04:49 AM UTC

Hi Ricerca,

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

Can you please verify at your side whether you have set application.DefaultVersion property to Excel 2007. Also, workbook.Version propertyto Excel2007 while saving the workbook of final appended document.

Please update us with the scenario for appending the content of the excel files so that we are able to proceed further investigating on this. If possible, could you please get back to us with the sample to proceed further on this.

Thanks,
Sridhar.S

RS Ricerca Sviluppo February 19, 2013 10:41 AM UTC

Hi,
thanks for the tips.

We verified that both properties are set, but still have the same error.

We have reproduced the error on your sample project (Create Spreadsheet), attached below.
In our case, we start from a xlsx file that already exists (Sample.xlsx in VB \ bin \ Debug) and add content, we save the file as Excel2007 (code marked as ricerca.sviluppo).

We are using your version 9.402.0.62.

Can you give us some suggestions, we have many customers stuck with this problem.

Thanks,

Mirko Salvia

Samples_CreateSpreadsheet_edb9674c.zip

RS Ricerca Sviluppo February 22, 2013 10:53 AM UTC

Hi,

Do you have some news about this problem?

It is very important for our company so we would like to know something about it.

Thank you

Best regards,

Mirko Salvia

RA Rajesh A Syncfusion Team February 22, 2013 12:19 PM UTC

Hi Mirko Salvia,

We are able to reproduce the issue from our side in assembly version 9.402.0.62 and it’s internally fixed in our latest version (11.1.0.21). So, we strongly recommend you to upgrade your version to the latest one which has more enhancements and improved in performance or else please create a new direct-trac incident and request for issue in that. This helps us to provide the patch for this issue.

You can download the latest version from the following link.

http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/latest-version

Thanks and Regards,

Rajesh A.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon