We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.
Syncfusion Feedback

How to display custom text in ComboBoxAdv control

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

107085 Feb 12,2013 12:18 PM UTC Feb 12,2018 05:57 AM UTC WPF 5
Tags: ComboBoxAdv
Brian Harkness
Asked On February 12, 2013 12:18 PM UTC

Hi,

I would like to display my own custom text in the ComboBoxAdv control instead of the delimited list of selected items that is the default (this just gets way too long!). My requirement is to display a count of the selected items in the combo, preferably by binding the displayed text to a property in my model which I could update whenever a new item is selected, but I can't see any obvious way to do this. :(  Anyone know how I can achieve this?

Thanks.

Victory Jessie Selvam D [Syncfusion]
Replied On February 25, 2013 09:01 AM UTC

Hi Brian,

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.
Your requirement can be achieved by modifying the Template of ComboBoxAdv control and binding SelectionCount with the SelectionBoxTemplate.
Please download the attached sample.
Please let us know in case of queries.

Best Regards,
Victory

Forum_107085_f9bf1c9b.zip

Dragos Ofrim
Replied On December 8, 2017 02:50 PM UTC

Hi, the link is broken, could you please make the sample available again? Thank you for your support.

Keerthana Jegannathan [Syncfusion]
Replied On December 13, 2017 08:54 AM UTC

Hi Dragos, 

While preparing the sample, we have faced the issue while using SelectionBoxTemplate. We considered this issue as bug and a support incident has been created under your account to track the status of this requirement. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates.  

Regards,  

Keerthana J 

Sam Williams
Replied On February 10, 2018 05:14 PM UTC

Hi,

Is there any update on this issue? I would also like to achieve what the OP was asking for, but am unable to download the attached sample.

Thanks

Keerthana Jegannathan [Syncfusion]
Replied On February 12, 2018 05:57 AM UTC

Hi Sam, 

We have fixed the issue related to the SelectionBoxTemplate and it has been included in our Volume 4 SP1 release. You can download the fix included version from below location. 

Also, we have prepared the sample by modifying the Template of ComboBoxAdv control and binding SelectionCount with the SelectionBoxTemplate to display the custom text in control to achieve your requirement and it can be downloaded from the below location. 

Regards, 
Keerthana J 

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

Warning Icon You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.Close Icon

;