We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

Creating Symbols using the designer then modify it

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

106774 Jan 24,2013 02:50 PM Aug 21,2017 07:23 AM Windows Forms 8
Tags: Diagram
Ayman Metwally
Asked On January 24, 2013 02:50 PM

Hello,

I'm new to Syncfusion and really like it.

I'm currently evaluating the "Diagram" in Windows form. My application needs the following functionality:
1) When the user creates a symbol using the "Symbol designer"
2) The user drops some instances of that symbol on the form and save.
3) Later, the user modified the symbol using the "Symbol designer"
4) The expected result is:  This Symbol modifications should be applied to all instances in all forms automatically.

Is that possible?

Thanks in advance

Amsath Ali M [Syncfusion]
Replied On January 25, 2013 12:33 AM

Hi Ayman,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Please note that once you have dropped a symbol from the symbol palette into the form then any changes you make out to the Symbol (Original) in the symbol palette (Created through symbol designer) are not automatically reflected to the symbols in the form. You need to check the symbols in the symbol palette and manually update the symbols in the forms based on those changes while loading the palette into the form.

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Regards,

Amsath Ali. M

Ayman Metwally
Replied On January 25, 2013 03:50 AM

Thanks for your answer.

It's clear now that this feature is not supported, I now ask about any of the following:
1) Any work around ?
2) Would this be a "Feature request" to be in the road map?

My application totally depends on this feature.

Ayman Metwally
Replied On January 27, 2013 09:09 AM

Reminder

Ayman Metwally
Replied On January 28, 2013 12:00 AM

I'm waiting for you answer because I a have another last question :)

I was going to ask if I purchased the source code for the "Diagram" component, do you think that it's doable to modify the source code to achieve my required feature? or is it just totally different philosophy ?!

Replied On January 28, 2013 05:51 AM

Hi Ayman,

Thanks for your update.

It's clear now that this feature is not supported, I now ask about any of the following:
1) Any work around ?

We suggest you to check whether the symbols in the symbol palette are changed and update the symbols in the forms manually based on those changes while loading the palette into the form

Here is the video:

http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/Support/DirectTrac/103764/video1882740469.zip

Here is the sample:

http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/Support/DirectTrac/103764/1067741668818462.zip

I was going to ask if I purchased the source code for the "Diagram" component, do you think that it's doable to modify the source code to achieve my required feature?

Yes, you can purchase our Diagram control’s source code and customize it to achieve your requirement.

Regards,

Amsath Ali. M

Replied On January 28, 2013 06:06 AM

Hi Ayman,

Thanks for your update.

1) Any work around ?

We suggest you to check whether the symbols in the symbol palette are changed and update the symbols in the forms manually based on those changes while loading the palette into the form

Here is the video:

http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/Support/DirectTrac/103764/video1882740469.zip

Here is the sample:

http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/Support/DirectTrac/103764/1067741668818462.zip

I was going to ask if I purchased the source code for the "Diagram" component, do you think that it's doable to modify the source code to achieve my required feature?

Yes, you can purchase our Diagram control’s source code and customize it to achieve your requirement.

Regards,

Amsath Ali. M

Ayman Metwally
Replied On August 19, 2017 03:01 PM

Greetings,

The video and sample code are not reachable .. How I can get them?

Regards,

Ayman

Naganathan Ganesh Babu [Syncfusion]
Replied On August 21, 2017 07:23 AM

Hi Ayman, 

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. 

Currently we can’t access the old files which are attached previously. So please refer the new sample and video which are attached below. 

Video: 

Sample: 

Regards, 

Naganathan K G 

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;