We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Creating Symbols using the designer then modify it

Hello,

I'm new to Syncfusion and really like it.

I'm currently evaluating the "Diagram" in Windows form. My application needs the following functionality:
1) When the user creates a symbol using the "Symbol designer"
2) The user drops some instances of that symbol on the form and save.
3) Later, the user modified the symbol using the "Symbol designer"
4) The expected result is:  This Symbol modifications should be applied to all instances in all forms automatically.

Is that possible?

Thanks in advance

8 Replies

AA Amsath Ali M Syncfusion Team January 25, 2013 05:33 AM UTC

Hi Ayman,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Please note that once you have dropped a symbol from the symbol palette into the form then any changes you make out to the Symbol (Original) in the symbol palette (Created through symbol designer) are not automatically reflected to the symbols in the form. You need to check the symbols in the symbol palette and manually update the symbols in the forms based on those changes while loading the palette into the form.

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Regards,

Amsath Ali. M

AM Ayman Metwally January 25, 2013 08:50 AM UTC

Thanks for your answer.

It's clear now that this feature is not supported, I now ask about any of the following:
1) Any work around ?
2) Would this be a "Feature request" to be in the road map?

My application totally depends on this feature.

AM Ayman Metwally January 27, 2013 02:09 PM UTC

Reminder

AM Ayman Metwally January 28, 2013 05:00 AM UTC

I'm waiting for you answer because I a have another last question :)

I was going to ask if I purchased the source code for the "Diagram" component, do you think that it's doable to modify the source code to achieve my required feature? or is it just totally different philosophy ?!

AA Amsath Ali M Syncfusion Team January 28, 2013 10:51 AM UTC

Hi Ayman,

Thanks for your update.

It's clear now that this feature is not supported, I now ask about any of the following:
1) Any work around ?

We suggest you to check whether the symbols in the symbol palette are changed and update the symbols in the forms manually based on those changes while loading the palette into the form

Here is the video:

http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/Support/DirectTrac/103764/video1882740469.zip

Here is the sample:

http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/Support/DirectTrac/103764/1067741668818462.zip

I was going to ask if I purchased the source code for the "Diagram" component, do you think that it's doable to modify the source code to achieve my required feature?

Yes, you can purchase our Diagram control’s source code and customize it to achieve your requirement.

Regards,

Amsath Ali. M

AA Amsath Ali M Syncfusion Team January 28, 2013 11:06 AM UTC

Hi Ayman,

Thanks for your update.

1) Any work around ?

We suggest you to check whether the symbols in the symbol palette are changed and update the symbols in the forms manually based on those changes while loading the palette into the form

Here is the video:

http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/Support/DirectTrac/103764/video1882740469.zip

Here is the sample:

http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/Support/DirectTrac/103764/1067741668818462.zip

I was going to ask if I purchased the source code for the "Diagram" component, do you think that it's doable to modify the source code to achieve my required feature?

Yes, you can purchase our Diagram control’s source code and customize it to achieve your requirement.

Regards,

Amsath Ali. M

AM Ayman Metwally August 19, 2017 07:01 PM UTC

Greetings,

The video and sample code are not reachable .. How I can get them?

Regards,

Ayman

NG Naganathan Ganesh Babu Syncfusion Team August 21, 2017 11:23 AM UTC

Hi Ayman, 

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. 

Currently we can’t access the old files which are attached previously. So please refer the new sample and video which are attached below. 

Video: 

Sample: 

Regards, 

Naganathan K G 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon