We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Can't register GeckoWrapper

I'm running Windows 7 Professional (x64).  When I try to register the gecko wrapper DLL, I get an error and this shows up in my event viewer.

Activation context generation failed for "C:\Projects\External\xul\Syncfusion.GeckoWrapper.dll". Dependent Assembly Microsoft.VC90.DebugCRT,processorArchitecture="x86",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",version="9.0.21022.8" could not be found. Please use sxstrace.exe for detailed diagnosis.

I can see the VC90 CRT dlls in the winsxs directory, and even found v9.0.21022.8 in there.  So I'm not sure what's wrong.  Maybe it's because I'm on 64-bit?  Any workaround?  The bitmap based PDFs are causing me all kinds of print headaches.

3 Replies

GM Geetha M Syncfusion Team December 10, 2012 04:30 AM UTC

Hi Brian,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

GeckoWrapper.dll requires ATL90.dll & msvcr90d.dll to be present in the machine. Hence it is required to install VC++ 2008 (SP1) Express edition in the server. Could you please try to register the wrapper after installing VC++ 2008 (SP1)?

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Regards

Geetha

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 10, 2012 03:42 PM UTC

I have installed the VC++ 2008 (SP1) redistributable.  It has ATL90.dll, but not msvcr90d.dll.  Isn't that a debug DLL though?  Why would I want to install a development environment on a production server.  Aside from the fact that I don't have access to Visual Studio/Visual C++ 2008.

Can GeckoWrapper.dll be rebuilt in production mode?

GM Geetha M Syncfusion Team December 11, 2012 12:22 PM UTC

Hi Brian,

Thank you for the details.

If the MSHTML rendered output PDF files contain one large bitmap image, generated in machines with IE 9 installed, it can be resolved by updating registry.

How can we make IE9 to render metafile?

The utility that updates registry is available in the following location (shipped with version 10.2 and later):

Start->Syncfusion->Essential Studio x.x.x.xx->Utilities->PDF->IE Legacy Drawing->Enable GDI Rendering

You can get more information regarding this change from the following MSDN link:

IViewObject Legacy Drawing

Regarding GeckoWrapper, it is built in debug mode and both assemblies are required to register the wrapper.

Please try this and let us know if you have any questions.

Regards

Geetha

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon