We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Updating the style of the Cell while editing

I need to update the background of the cell as soon as the value entered by the user is not supported by the model. I tried setting the background of the cell on CurrentCellChanged event, it changes the cell background but not until we move to different cell. So is there a way to force the style of the cell to be changed/updated while we are still editing on the cell.

3 Replies

RG Rajasekar G Syncfusion Team November 5, 2012 07:59 PM UTC

Hi  Ohm,

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

We have analyzed your query and you can achieve your requirement by using customcell renderer. We have prepared a sample based on this and it can be download from the following location.

Sample Location: SyncGDC.zip

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Raja sekar.G

OH Ohm November 14, 2012 03:14 PM UTC

Hello Raja,

I used the code sample you provided. It does seem to change the background while you are editing the cell, however, for some reason the background goes to being white after couple of milliseconds. I tried looking into my code, but i didn't find any place where i reset the background to be white. Do you have any idea what might be causing this?

RS Ravi Shankar B Syncfusion Team November 29, 2012 11:27 AM UTC

Hi Ohm,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Your reported query was unclear. We have two scenarios stated below.

Scenario 1: When the user entered into Edit mode the background becomes changed to Red as well as it changed back to white when the user leaved from Edit mode.

Scenario 2: When the user entered into edit mode and change and commit the value, you can change the background color to Red for last edited value.

We are not able to get the exact working scenario from you query. Can you please revert back your scenario? This helps to serve you better.

Regards,

Ravi Shankar B.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon