We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

VS 2012 Designer Exception when using ES 8.203.0.18

I'm using VS 2012 with ES 8.203.0.18 and when I try to open a form with a Grouping Grid I get the following error:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Instances of this error (39)
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.Grouping.GridTableCellAppearanceStyleInfoIdentity.GetBaseStyles(IStyleInfo thisStyleInfo)
at Syncfusion.Styles.StyleInfoSubObjectIdentity.GetBaseStyles(IStyleInfo thisStyleInfo)
at Syncfusion.Styles.CachedStyleInfoSubObjectIdentity.GetBaseStyles(IStyleInfo thisStyleInfo)
at Syncfusion.Styles.StyleInfoIdentityBase.GetBaseStyle(IStyleInfo thisStyleInfo, StyleInfoProperty sipSrc)
at Syncfusion.Styles.StyleInfoSubObjectBase.IntGetDefaultStyleInfo(StyleInfoProperty sip)
at Syncfusion.Styles.StyleInfoBase.GetDefaultStyleInfoStore(StyleInfoProperty sip)
at Syncfusion.Styles.StyleInfoBase.GetValue(StyleInfoProperty sip)
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridProgressBarInfo.get_ProgressOrientation()

Does anyone have suggestions to fix this?  Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Brandon

5 Replies

AS Athiram S Syncfusion Team October 3, 2012 01:38 PM UTC

Hi Brandon,

This is a common designer issue in VS 2012 grid grouping control.

We have arranged patches for this type of error and supplied to a number of customers. If you are interested in getting a solution for this, you may open an incident in direct trac and post query. We will provide you with patch update.

Please let me know if you have any concerns.

Regards,
Athiram S

BR Brandon Richards October 3, 2012 05:15 PM UTC

Does anyone know of a workaround or have the patch that was mentioned in the last post that you can email to me?  I created the support request and got a call from a sales person letting me know that our subscription expired.  We knowingly let our subscription expire because we were happy with the version we purchased and did not need or have plans to continuously upgrade to the latest version.  We just want the old version of the product we already paid for to work...  If there's a known issue in an existing product that a patch has already been created for, then I think the patch should be made available to all customers who are licensed for the old version of the product.

AS Athiram S Syncfusion Team October 8, 2012 11:53 AM UTC

Hi Brandon,

Thanks for your update.

We don't provide patch update through forums. Kindly, renew your Syncfusion subscription .

If you would like to have your technical inquiries answered further, then, please contact salessupport@syncfusion.com <mailto:salessupport@syncfusion.com> and you will be given prompt assistance related to your subscription renewal.

We will resume support once your subscription is renewed or upon receiving due authorization from your Syncfusion Account Manager.

Regards,
Athiram S

AI Ayala I replied to Brandon Richards January 18, 2022 09:06 AM UTC

Hi,

I have the same problem

Have you found a solution maybe you can send to me?

Thanks!

AI Ayala I replied to Brandon Richards January 18, 2022 09:08 AM UTC

Hi,

I have the same problem

Have you found a solution maybe you can send to me?

Thanks!

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon