We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

How to enable Copy from a read-only EditControl?

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

105309 Sep 27,2012 06:00 PM Nov 21,2012 04:59 AM WPF 3
Tags: EditControl
Timothy Singer
Asked On September 27, 2012 06:00 PM

It seems that after setting EditControl.IsReadOnly=true, the user can no longer copy text from the control to the clipboard.

Does anyone know of a way to enable the copy functionality while preventing the user from changing the text in the control?

Berkunath A [Syncfusion]
Replied On October 3, 2012 08:22 AM

Hi Timothy,

Thank you for your interests in Syncfusion products.

I am afraid that I am unable to reproduce this issue. Also I have created a simple sample to test this issue and it is available in the following link.

Sample :

http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/Support/DirectTrac/99498/Editcontrol1147722224.zip

Please have a look at the sample and if the issue still exists, could you please try reproducing it in the above sample or send reproducible sample and the reproducing steps so that we could sort out the cause of the issue and provide you the solution?

Please let us know if you have any concerns.

Regards,

Berkunath A

Editcontrol_461a06ed.zip

Timothy Singer
Replied On October 16, 2012 03:25 PM

Thanks for your reply.  I probably should have specified that we are experiencing the problem with the WPF version of the control, not the Windows Forms version.  We are using Syncfusion Essential Studio 9.4.0.62.

Antony Xavier D [Syncfusion]
Replied On November 21, 2012 04:59 AM

Hi Timothy,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

We are able to reproduce reported issue. So we request you to create an incident under your Direct Trac account so that we can update you the fix accordingly.

Please let us know for any clarifications.

Regards,
Antony.

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;