We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Using OLAP Client in Sharepoint Fundation 2010 has ERROR

Hello.Syncfusion I'm  Aaron

I have some Question in Sharepoint Fundation 2010 by using OLAP Client Control

,This Control in ASP.NET Web  look no problem .but when i create my webpart and put OLAP Client Control ,The Webpart Does not work properly , it can't Drag Dimension and Measures to the Control .

The ERROR msg is : Syncfusion.Web.Grid.Extensions is null or not Object

could you can help me

Thanks you replay

7 Replies

FM Felix Merlin B Syncfusion Team September 18, 2012 10:15 AM UTC

Hi Aaron,

Thanks for using Syncfusion Products. 

We would like to inform you that currently our OLAP Client control could not be placed inside the SharePoint WebPart due to certain compatibility issues. We have already logged a feature request “Compatibility of OLAP Client ASP.NET control in SharePoint WebPart”. Also, we don’t have any immediate plans to implement the feature. We have our Volume release once in 3 months and please do check our road map for the availability of the feature in any of our upcoming release.

Let me know if you have any concerns on this.

Regards,

Felix Merlin B

JA Jaja September 21, 2012 05:33 AM UTC

Dear Felix Merlin B

Thasnk you for replay . i will expect to OLAP Client support Sharepoint in the further

and if have another method can use OLAP Client in SharePoint , Please let me know

Thanks you

Aaron

FM Felix Merlin B Syncfusion Team September 24, 2012 09:21 AM UTC

Hi Aaron,

We would like inform you that we have prepared a sample placing our OLAP Client ASP.NET control inside a SharePoint Web Part. Kindly download the same from the following link:

http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/Support/DirectTrac/92129/WPart1104903954.zip

NOTE:

We would like to inform you that our component is not completely compatible with SharePoint with its default implementation. There are certain functionalities not found to be working properly which has been logged as a feature and it will be available in any of our upcoming releases.

Please let us know if you have any further concerns.

Regards,

Felix Merlin B

JA Jaja October 9, 2012 07:45 AM UTC

Hello Felix Merlin B, I'm Aaron

Thanks you reply and provide WebPart Example

but when i try to using this sample code in my webpart .

it's can't be running . the msg is " Object reference not set to an instance of an object "

i think i was lost something

could you can help , how can i use OLAP Client in Sharepoint  step by step

Thanks you

FM Felix Merlin B Syncfusion Team October 10, 2012 12:05 PM UTC

Hi Aaron,

Below are the steps for deploying OLAP Client as WebPart in SharePoint:

1. Create a new SharePoint project using Visual Studio. While creating add an appropriate site name, for example, "http://sync-lapt/demosite/" and select "Deploy as a farm solution" option.

2. In the new project add a new "Visual WebPart".

3. Implement the control as we have illustrated in the sample under appropriate methods, for instance, "OnInit, CreateChildControls and OnPreRender".

4. Now, press "F5" and it will open the respective site in the browser.

5. In the site, select Site Action -> Edit Page and select "Add WebPart".

6. Under the "Add WebPart", you should select "Custom" and the respective WebPart which you have created which will be available under its respective name. Select and click "Add".

NOTE:

If you still getting any problem kindly refer the following link for debugging the SharePoint WebPart:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5652324/problem-debugging-sharepoint-2010-web-part

Kindly let me know if you have any concerns on this.

Regards,

Felix Merlin B

JA Jaja October 11, 2012 02:59 AM UTC

Dear Felix Merlin B

Thank you Share the OLAP Client Webpart Steps .

I have followed the Steps. it's can be use with Webpart

but it's still have a little problem. look my picture

the webpart
have not Chart . . but in the website That it's  display normal

and i can't change Series in Webpart .

could you can help me again ? .

Thanks you very much  : )

Web

FM Felix Merlin B Syncfusion Team October 11, 2012 06:26 AM UTC

Hi Aaron,

We would like to inform you that in the WebPart sample DisplayMode of OLAP Client has been set to GridOnly. If you need to display both OLAP Chart and OLAP Grid kindly set the DisplayMode as: “OlapClientControl.DisplayMode = DisplayMode.ChartAndGrid;”

While placing the OLAP Client inside the WebPart and changing the series by dragging and dropping the dimensions as well as some of the other functionalities won’t be working properly since our OLAP Client component is not completely compatible with SharePoint with its default implementation. There are certain functionalities not found to be working properly which has been logged as a feature and it will be available in any of our upcoming releases.

Please let me know if you have any concerns on this.

Regards,

Felix Merlin B

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon