We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

Does the Essential PDF 2012 supports Japanese/Russian Text Extraction?

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

104703 Aug 10,2012 06:40 AM Aug 24,2012 06:23 AM ASP.NET Web Forms (Classic) 3
Tags: PDF
HY
Asked On August 10, 2012 06:40 AM

http://,,,

George Livingston [Syncfusion]
Replied On August 15, 2012 02:51 AM

Hi Han Yang,

Thank you for using Syncfusion Products.

Yes, it is possible to extract the Russian and Japanese text from the PDF document. Please find the sample available in the link below to achieve your target,

JanpaneseRussianTextExtraction.zip

Please try this and let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,

George

HY
Replied On August 22, 2012 11:41 PM

Hi George,

I realised that the Japanese text extracted is missing the Carriage Returns, leading to all text being concatenated into single line.

I have also test the ExtractText function on a English language document (see attached doc) and it is showing the same behaviour where Carriage Returns are missing.

I have used ExtractText function in previous version 8.203 and it is able to show the Carriage Return in the English language document.

Would you be able to investigate this? I intend to purchase the latest version for reading Unicode characters PDF but the missing Carriage Returns will make my current program to stop working.

testExtraction_c5021581.zip

Meikanda Nayanar [Syncfusion]
Replied On August 24, 2012 06:23 AM

Hi Han Yang,
Thank you for your update,
We are able to reproduce the issue and forwarded to our development team for more analysis. Incident can be opened through Direct-Trac Developer Support System ( https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents ), were you can take advantage of the expertise of a dedicated support engineer and a guaranteed response time.
Please let us know if you have any questions.
Regards,
Meikandan

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;