We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

How to add an pdf viewer to the view in asp.net mvc3 application

Hi,

I want to view the pdf file in a pdf viewer in the view page.
I mean i am having one view and i want to add an pdf viewer to 
that view and i want to display the content in to that viewer.
I hope you understand my question.
And i am using ASP.Net MVC3 razor view not partial view

Thanks and Regards

6 Replies

FE Felipe July 25, 2012 09:10 PM UTC

Hello all!
We're also having trouble showing a PDF file using PDF Viewer (trial version on Essential Studio). We tried everything we could think of but all we get is a small gray box beneath the toolbar, the PDF isn't even loaded. We followed the sample included and some others found on google.
Any help on what could be the issue?

http://i48.tinypic.com/33xecd0.png

MN Meikanda Nayanar Syncfusion Team July 30, 2012 02:35 AM UTC

Hi Felipe,

Thanks for your update,

We have checked the details and we are afraid that we are unable to reproduce the scenario. Could you please update us a simple sample with the pdf document that causes the mentioned scenario. This will be more helpful for our further investigation.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Meikandan

FE Felipe July 30, 2012 01:45 PM UTC

Hello Meikanda,

Thanks for your answer.
The sample project is attached on this post (using MVC3 on MsVS 2010). I just did a very straight forward example to test the package.
The PDF being used is the CaseStudy.pdf one found on the guide here (downloaded to my computer), but it doesn't work with any PDF at all.

We also tryed the other example drawing the toolbar separately and using showtoolbar(false) but this is completely ignored and it shows the two toolbars (while still not showing the pdf).

We're probably doing something wrong there. If you could point us in the right direction we would appreciate a lot.

Regards

MvcPDFTeste_2032997f.zip

MN Meikanda Nayanar Syncfusion Team August 3, 2012 04:14 AM UTC

Hi Felipe,

Thanks for your update,

We could see that you have created a direct track incident 97175 for the same query. Could you please follow up the details in this incident.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Meikandan

AG Arjun Gudla August 4, 2012 06:46 AM UTC

hi,

Can you please send web based sample.I am using Asp.Net mvc3 web based application

Thanks and Regards,
Srinivas

MN Meikanda Nayanar Syncfusion Team August 7, 2012 10:35 AM UTC

Hi Srinivas,

Thanks for your update,

We have created a simple sample to view a Pdf document in asp.net mvc3 application and attached it in below link.

Sample link: PdfViewerMVCDemo.zip

Could you please try this and let us know if this helps.

Regards,

Meikandan

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon