We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Cannot use GridControl

Hi,
I am fairly new to SyncFusion controls but I got into a nasty bug which prevents me from using this control entirely!
When trying to add the SyncFusion GridControl into any form or panel in my designer I get the following Exception (attached): System.InvalidCastException etc.
I'm working with .NET 4.0, VS2010 and Essential Studio 10.1.0.44.
Any help will be much appreciated!

Thanks,
  Nimrod

Capture_4a290ba7.rar

3 Replies

KB Kalaiarasan B Syncfusion Team July 16, 2012 02:38 PM UTC

If the toolbox item still refers the previous versions of assemblies then this exception will be raised when drag/drop the controls in the VS.

Please perform the below operations

1.       Run Assembly manager and remove all versions of assemblies.

2.       Install 10.1.0.44 version assembly alone (It would be better to ensure that only 10.1.0.44 assemblies alone are present in the GAC)

GAC : C:\Windows\assembly

3.       Then Run the Toolbox configuration utility for VS2008 and VS2010.

4.       Open VS and Reset the toolbox(RightCLick in Toolbox and select Reset Toolbox items)

5.       Now open the project and drag/drop the controls,

For Migrated project

Please ensure that the 10.1.0.44 assemblies are present in the GAC and kindly refer the below link for clear details

http://help.syncfusion.com/UG/Common/default.htm#!documents/105howtoupgradethepr.htm

NS Nimrod Shaulski August 7, 2012 08:29 AM UTC

Hi,
Problem is solved (in the meantime... hope it won't come back).
It appears that following the upgrade instructions is not enough...
I perform all the steps required for upgrading the project as explained in Syncfusion help.
Today I've decided to make a full textual search for old Syncfusion version references in the project.
I saw that some of the references appear in the Visual Studio as updated but the project file keeps the old references (to version 6.403, which doesn't exist on my PC).
After I cleaned all those project files manually and added the correct references the toolbox started working OK.

KB Kalaiarasan B Syncfusion Team August 7, 2012 08:38 AM UTC

Hi Nimrod,

We are so glad to hear that the reported issue is resolved in your side.

Please let me know if you have any concerns, we are glad to help you.

Thanks,
Kalai

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon