We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

ussage of DragTreeViewItemAdvEventArgs

Hi,

I try to use the drag and drop of the TreeViewAdv.
I have different types of elements in the treeview and not all could be drop the each other.

Therefore I try to set the Data object of the DragTreeViewItemAdvEventArgs in the DragStart event.
In the DragOver event I want to read this information and set the correct Drag.Effect.
But the e.Data is null.

Is there a small example that shows the correct handling of the DragTreeViewItemAdvEventArgs
in the DragStart, DragOver and DragEnd events?

regards
Thomas

2 Replies

RK Richard Kubina July 19, 2012 07:14 PM UTC

I too would like to know how to do this, because I need to drag a treeViewItemAdv onto a tabItemExt.

As far as within the treeview itself though, binding to the Entity Framework using a HierarchicalDataTemplate seems to have taken care of this automagically?  I noticed that if i drag a child onto its parent item, it will duplicate the child : |

KL Karthikeyan L Syncfusion Team July 30, 2012 10:07 AM UTC

Hi  Beimel,Richard,

Query1: DragOverEvent’s DragTreeViewItemEventArgs Data is always null

Query 2: DragDropping child items are get duplicatied.

We have logged a defect report internally for the above query reported under the forum, As per our Forum regulations , we will not be able to share the fix for this issue. However, if you are interested in receiving the fix for this issue, then, we would request you to use our Direct-Trac Support system to resolve all your technical queries.

For more details, please login into http://www.syncfusion.com/Account/ and we will be happy to help you.

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Regards,

Karthikeyan

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon