We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Metro Studio 2 Setup Failed

Hello,

I am receiving the following error when attempting to install the Metro Studio 2 application...

"Setup has been cancelled or has encountered and error. Please contact Syncfusion Technical Support for assistance."

This error occurs after clicking the Next button on the first page of the setup wizard. 

I am running 64 bit Windows 7 Enterprise with Service Pack 1.

Any help is appreciated,

Paul
PaulSPatterson.com

9 Replies

GG Gary Gaughan-Smith June 25, 2012 04:21 PM UTC

I too have the same issue. Looking forward to a fix.

RH Remo Hendricksen June 26, 2012 05:47 AM UTC

I'm getting the same error when installing Metro Studio 2. 

Looking at the windows eventviewer i see that the error "Product: Microsoft SQL Server Compact 3.5 SP2 ENU -- A later version of Microsoft SQL Server Compact is already installed." occurs.

This isn't a problem when (re)installing Metro Studio 1, so i think there is a problem in the setup.

Hoping for a quick fix. I really like Metro Studio!

SH Simon Hudson June 26, 2012 09:29 AM UTC

Same for me. Inevitably I hit this a few minutes after telling everyone about the update :-(

SJ Stephen Jebaraj Syncfusion Team June 26, 2012 11:39 AM UTC

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for reporting this issue. We are currently investigating the problem and will have a solution soon. I will update this thread with more details soon.

Best,
Stephen

SJ Stephen Jebaraj Syncfusion Team June 26, 2012 05:51 PM UTC

This issue has been fixed and everyone on this thread has been notified with instructions to download a newer build of Metro Studio beta. I am not able to share the newer build download link on this thread so if anyone else reading this thread is experiencing the same problem please open a support request using our support system ( http://www.syncfusion.com/support/directtrac ) and we will share the new build details there.

Best,
Stephen

CE Cezar July 8, 2012 06:07 PM UTC

I am receiving the same error. Help me, please.

SS Sivaguru S Syncfusion Team July 13, 2012 04:24 AM UTC

Hi Cezar,

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

We have fixed the reported issue with the Metro Studio Setup. In order to download the setup(fix), please open a support request using our support system ( http://www.syncfusion.com/support/directtrac ) and we will share the new build details there.

Please let us know, if you have any queries.

Regards,
Sivaguru S

PS Peter Spencer July 19, 2012 12:32 PM UTC

Dear support team

I'm getting a similar (resp. the same error) while trying to install the latest version of Metro Studio 2 (beta) on Windows XP (German).

The bug occurs upon clicking on the "Next" button on the "User Information" page.

Error message:
In German: "Windows installer hat ein Problem festgestellt und muss beendet werden".
-> In English: "Windows installer has encountered an error and has to be cancelled."

Im am looking forward to your reply.

Regards,
Peter

SS Sivaguru S Syncfusion Team July 23, 2012 04:41 AM UTC

Hi Peter,

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

We have checked the reported issue by installing the Syncfusion Metro Studio Setup in the Windows XP (German) installed machine,but we are unable to reproduce the reported issue.

Could you please share the below details with us, so that it would be helpful for us to analyze the issue better.

1)Machine Configuration details (OS and Framework details installed in your machine)

2)Error details as Screenshot.

Please let us know,if you have any queries.

Regards,
Sivaguru S

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon