We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

How to convert document object to string

Hello,
I am having document object which got read and returned from the memory stream.Now i need to display this doc object by converting it into string.
Are there any methods avaliable for conveting the doc object to string and pass to view for displaying
I searched all your links in the website but couldnt find any.
Please provide me any example or samples on how to do this
Thanks & Regards
-Sahithi

3 Replies

MK Madhankumar K Syncfusion Team June 5, 2012 10:33 AM UTC

Hi Sahithi,
Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

We have prepared the sample to meet your requirement of displaying the document object by converting in to string using DocIO.

Please do find the sample from the attachment. Try running the sample and let us know if this helps you.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.
Regards,
Madhankumar

Sample_36d69ad6.zip

SA sahithi June 7, 2012 06:43 AM UTC

Hi,
Thanks for the solution.i am reading not only text but also certain doc elements such as bullets and small icons etc etc
I need to convert this document object into html object on the fly rather than string object and pass to the view for displaying in a editor UI.
Please provide me any sample or example on how to do this coversion.
Thanks & Regards,
Sahithi

MK Madhankumar K Syncfusion Team June 7, 2012 10:59 AM UTC

Hi Shahthi,

Thank you for your update.

We could not able to display the doc elements such as bullets and small icons. In Ms-word the bullets will preserved in the list style (How ms word renders list). The Gettext() method in DOCIO will retrieve only the text within the word document (not its formatting).

Regards,
Madhankumar

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon