We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Essential grid not rendering in IE9,firefox 11,chrome 18

Hi,
I am working on essential grid MVC3.When i view my screen in IE8 it works perfectly,but in IE9 ,Firefox 11,chrome 18 the grid is not visible. when checked in the viewsource css is set to be hidden.
Could you help me out of this?

7 Replies

SN Sridhar N Syncfusion Team May 2, 2012 05:42 PM UTC

Hi Satheesh,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products.

We are sorry for inconvenience caused. We are unable to reproduce the issue. We have prepared a simple sample and the same can be downloaded from the following link.

http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/Support/DirectTrac/93927/Flat Grid-1608837903.zip

Could you please try the above sample and get back to us whether you are able to reproduce the issue? If not, could you please give more information or by reproducing the issue in the above sample so that we could sort out the issue and provide you with solution. The information provided would be of great help in resolving the issue.

Please let us know if any concerns.

Regards,
Sridhar N

NA Nandashri May 9, 2012 08:39 AM UTC

Hi,

Even I am facing the same issue.

When I run the application and ViewSource the Grid proerty is set to  style="visibility:hidden".

I am using IE8. Tried the flat grid sample provided by you but facing the same issue with that too.

I am using the Syncfusion dll version 10.204.0.56

Please suggest.

SN Sridhar N Syncfusion Team May 11, 2012 04:08 AM UTC

Hi Nandha,

Thanks for your update.

Could you please check the steps available in the below link to avoid Grid invisibility issue,

http://help.syncfusion.com/UG/User%20Interface/ASP.NET%20MVC/Grid/documents/614howtoavoidgridinv.htm

If the issue still exists please get back to us with more information like stack trace and the information provided would be of great help in resolving the issue. Please let us know if any concerns.

Regards,

Sridhar.N

MT Mark Treveil May 11, 2012 03:57 PM UTC

Guys, 

As a voice outside of Syncfusion I can assure you the grid does work fine on IE9 and Chrome.

The article seems to cover a lot of things - I'd point out the use of BeginFormExt  - with the Ext on the end.  Easy to miss, that one.

Mark  

MS Mohanraj S Syncfusion Team August 23, 2012 08:57 AM UTC

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your update.

I would like to follow up on this forums just to ensure that the solution provided in the last update has resolved your issue?
Otherwise, please let us know if you require any further assistance on this.

Regards,
Mohanraj

IT Itzik October 27, 2012 04:15 PM UTC

Hi,

I am having the same problem with the grid. I create a project from the "Syncfusion ASP.Net MVC 3 Application" template. The I create a simple array of objects from the controller as the model. At last I used the model as the Datasource for the grid. The grid is rendered as visibility: hidden.
  1. I don't need the Ajax functionality to load the grid. Is there a simple solution for my problem?
  2. On your samples I don't see the Ajax.BeginFormExt used and still the grid is displayed. Can you please post a project the displays a grid with the minimum setup so I can compare with my code (I prefer a project created from your template)?

Best regards

TG Tom Gindrup May 3, 2013 04:56 PM UTC

Has there been any resolution on this?  I've got a VERY simple grid (just testing the product for now) with no Ajax or anything else.  The grid is sent to the browser but visibility:hidden is set so it doesn't display

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon