We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Save Diagram as Image

Hi.

Is it possible to save diagram as Image without showing html page with silverlight view? I need to generate diagram as image and pu it into my report. Maybe Is it possible to export or save diagram to xml in silverlight diagram control and open import created xml in ASP.NET WebDiagram control and save it as image by using DiagramWebControl.ExportDiagramAsImage()method?

Cheers,
Peter M.

5 Replies

RT Ramya Thirugnanam Syncfusion Team March 29, 2012 12:20 AM UTC

Hi Peter,
With regards to Export Silverlight diagram control as image using DiagramWebControl.ExportDiagramAsImage()method, we are working on your requirement. We will update you with the status of your requirement on April 2nd 2012.
Please let us know if you have any concerns,
Regards,
Ramya

PI Piotr April 4, 2012 07:02 AM UTC

Hi.

What's the status?

Peter.

RT Ramya Thirugnanam Syncfusion Team April 5, 2012 03:33 AM UTC

Hi Peter,
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.
With regards to, currently we do not have support to import the Serialized XML (from Silverlight) into Asp.NET WebDiagram control and save it as image by using DiagramWebControl.ExportDiagramAsImage()method.
Assumption:
We assume that your requirement is to serialize the Diagram into XML and save into DataBase and then render the XML as Image.
Details about XML serialization in Silverlight and save in Database.
Link: http://forums.silverlight.net/t/131175.aspx/1
However, we will create a sample based on your requirement. We will update you with the sample on 9th April 2012.
Please let us know if you have any concerns,
Regards,
Ramya

JH Jorge Hernando Panqueva Alvarez April 12, 2012 01:25 PM UTC

Hi Ramya,

I'm having the same requirement for the Diagram Control, I need to save the Diagram as an image. I would like that you please send me the sample based in this requirement.

Thanks

JR Jegan R Syncfusion Team April 19, 2012 12:01 PM UTC

Hi Peter, Jorge,

Currently there is no interoperability between Diagram Silvelright and ASP.NET. However, content of the silverlight diagram can be exported as an image file using ‘Image Tool’.

With regards to exporting the Diagram into Image format, we do not have support to export Diagram as image at present. The API’s for converting as images are not available in Silverlight. However, there is a Codeplex project that supports exporting Visual elements into image file. We have provided the sample and a Link to this tool. Please refer to them from the attachment.

Codeplex project Link: http://imagetools.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Write%20the%20content%20of%20a%20canvas%20to%20a%20file

Please let us know if you need any further details.

Regards,
Jegan

ExportintoImage_bbd76840.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon