We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Save Gantt Grid to Bitmap

How can I take a full snapshot of the Gantt Grid?

I am able to save the Gantt Scheduler to a Bitmap but the Gantt Grid is cropped at the viewport bounderies of the scrollable content viewer.

Please see the attached VS2010 Solution for more details (assembly version: 10.4.0.44).

GanttToWriteableBitmapExample_4a95a16d.zip

5 Replies

SS S. Sridharan Syncfusion Team March 26, 2012 12:45 PM UTC

Hi Oscar,

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

Gantt Grid will work on the basis of UI-Virtualization. So, only the content that is in current view can be exported to bitmap by using the writable bitmap. We will log a feature request on this, with this feature you can export the Gantt Grid to a bitmap image. We will update you once we confirm the plan to implement this feature.

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Thanks,
Sridharan S.

OW Oscar Wahlen May 8, 2012 12:30 PM UTC

Is there a public roadmap available? We would really like to implement this feature for our customers.

RA Riyaj Ahamed I Syncfusion Team May 10, 2012 06:04 AM UTC

Hi Oscar,

We have planned to implement the following features in Gantt SL/SPF for our Volume 3 2012. 

Feature Name

Description

Self-updating Summary/header node.

With this implementation Gantt’s summary/header node’s values will be calculated internally in Gantt control and updated on bounded source automatically. No need to handle/ listen-to the changes in child nodes at source level to refresh the header /summary node.

Dynamic Inline Items

Allow the user to dynamically add/remove the inline items on resource view Gantt.

Resource name text box customization

Allow the users to customize the appearance of the resource name text box in Gantt chart area.

Milestone mapping name

Allow the users to have milestones that are not depending on duration.

Current Date Line Customization

Allow the users to customize the current date line in Gantt Chart area. User can have the line at current time/dynamic time. User can also customize the style and appearance of the line.

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Regards,

Riyaj Ahamed I

OW Oscar Wahlen June 29, 2012 01:16 PM UTC

Thank you.

We have implemented a temporary workaround by drawing all the Gantt Grid and Scheduler components to a WriteableBitmap.

RA Riyaj Ahamed I Syncfusion Team July 4, 2012 10:35 AM UTC

Hi Oscar,

Thanks for your update, which will be much helpful for our development team on  further analysis.

We are very glad that your issue got resolved at your end.  However we have logged this as a feature request in our database. We will implement this feature in any of our upcoming releases.

We usually have an interval of at least three months between releases. The feature implementation would also greatly depend on the factors such as product design, code compatibility and complexity. We will update you when this feature has been implemented.

Please let us know if you have any concern.

Regards,

Riyaj Ahamed I

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon