We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. (Last updated on: November 16, 2018).
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.
Syncfusion Feedback

summary difficulty

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

102417 Jan 30,2012 03:27 PM UTC Feb 9,2012 04:36 PM UTC ASP.NET Web Forms (Classic) 13
Tags: GridGroupingControl
harry tackey-otoo
Asked On January 30, 2012 03:27 PM UTC

i have a gridgroupingcontrol that contains a payment type column (ptype). Each payment type comes with an amount which is in column (amt). i have being trying to create a summary for for the total payment amount for each payment type. I was able to do this with the default Microsoft data grid. am having difficulty doing the same with the syncfusion grid. kindly help.

harry tackey-otoo
Replied On January 31, 2012 10:40 AM UTC

pls reply

Bala Murugan A.S [Syncfusion]
Replied On January 31, 2012 11:46 AM UTC

Hi Harry,

Thanks for using Syncfusion Products.

Your requirement can be achieved by using the Summary Rows in GridGroupingControl. We have prepared simple sample to meet your requirements and the same can downloaded from the below link.

Summary80855377.zip

Please try the above sample and if it does not meets your requirement, could you please provide more information on this so that we can provide a better solution quickly?.

Note: For more information on the summary rows, we request you to refer the below link.

http://help.syncfusion.com/ug_94/User%20Interface/ASP.NET/Grid/Documents/4112captionsummary.htm

Please let us know if you have any concerns.

Regards,
Bala Murugan A.S

harry tackey-otoo
Replied On January 31, 2012 01:54 PM UTC

hello guys

In our business there are two payment types
1. Reversal Payment (R)
2. Actual Payment (P)

both payment types can be select by the user in the ptype column filter. both payment type comes with an amount which is in the Amount column.

total payment = P - R

the requirement is to display the total sum of each payment type
and the total payment in separate summarycolumn

R:2000
P:5000
total payment:3000

Replied On February 1, 2012 12:01 PM UTC

Hi Harry,

Thanks for the update.

Your requirement can be achieved by using Custom Summary and CreateSummaryMethod method in GridGroupingControl. We have modified the sample as per your requirement and the same can be downloaded from the below link.

Summary_Modified1273161658.zip

Please try the above sample and let us know if you need further assistance.

Regards,
Bala murugan A.S

harry tackey-otoo
Replied On February 1, 2012 08:02 PM UTC

hi we really appreciate the help. but will be happy i happy if example will be in vb.net.
thank you

Harry

Replied On February 2, 2012 07:34 AM UTC

Hi Harry,

Thanks for the update.

We have modified sample which was provided in the last update to VB.Net and the same can be downloaded from the below link.

Summary_VB.Net-1121312620.zip

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Regards,
Bala Murugan A.S

harry tackey-otoo
Replied On February 3, 2012 06:55 AM UTC

thank you guys.

harry tackey-otoo
Replied On February 3, 2012 11:55 AM UTC

Hello guys,

thanks a lot for the help. I have a small challenge. I tried to add another ptype "default Return (T)" but summary is not behaving like the previous one. the value of its summary is always the sum R and R summary row values

example

P:20
R:2
T:22
ACTUAL PAYMENT:18

pls help

harry tackey-otoo
Replied On February 3, 2012 01:06 PM UTC

The example in the Attached file shows how my summary is behaving.

Thanks alot

Harry

Summary_VB.Net_harry_d3bc91d0.rar

harry tackey-otoo
Replied On February 3, 2012 04:21 PM UTC

please reply. Am in a tight corner.

Harry.

Replied On February 6, 2012 07:37 AM UTC

Hi Harry,

Thanks for the update.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. We have modified the sample as per your requirement and the same can be downloaded from the below link,
Summary_VB.Net25957222.zip

Please try the above sample and let us know if you have any concerns

Regards,
Bala Murugan A.S

harry tackey-otoo
Replied On February 6, 2012 06:55 PM UTC

Can i know how you were able to display the default amount correctly. I can't seem to know what i am doing wrong.

please help

Replied On February 9, 2012 04:36 PM UTC

Hi Harry,

Thanks for the update.

Using CreateSummaryMethod in GridGroupingControl you can customize the summary row. Navigate each record in a grid and calculate the summary values based on your condition. For example the below code calculate summary value only if Payment type is Actual Payment.

If record IsNot Nothing AndAlso record.Kind = DisplayElementKind.Record AndAlso CStr(record.GetValue("PType")) = "Actual Payment" Then
Dim obj As Object = sd.GetValue(record
Return If((obj Is Nothing OrElse TypeOf obj Is DBNull), Empty, New TotalSummary(Convert.ToDouble(obj)))
Else
Return Empty
End If

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Regards,
Bala Murugan A.S

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

Warning Icon You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.Close Icon

;