We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. (Last updated on : Nov 16th 2018).
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.
Syncfusion Feedback

Windows 64-bit

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

102279 Jan 17,2012 02:18 PM UTC Jan 31,2012 06:35 AM UTC ASP.NET Web Forms (Classic) 6
Tags: PDF
Bert Sirkin
Asked On January 17, 2012 02:18 PM UTC

I've been creating PDFs successfully for a while now with ASP.NET with 32-bit XP clients. Some users have been upgraded to Windows 7 64-bit, and PDFs no longer are being displayed for them.

I'm displaying the PDFs in a new instance of the browser, and the new browser instance shows up for an instant, and then dissappears - the PDF is never displayed. This only happens in 64-bit OS clients.

Anyone have an a idea why this might be happening?

thanks,
Bert

Geetha M [Syncfusion]
Replied On January 20, 2012 04:28 AM UTC

Hi Bert,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

I am afraid I am not able to reproduce the problem. I had placed my test sample in the link below and it worked as expected in most of the browsers.

GeneratePDF_Web

Could you please run it and let me know if you still reproduce the problem?

Regards,
Geetha

Bert Sirkin
Replied On January 26, 2012 01:22 PM UTC

Your code doesn't work either.The issues seems to be the "Window.Open" javascript - just Google:

window.open ie8 windows 64-bit

you'll see lots of issues with IE8 and Windows 64-bit.

Geetha M [Syncfusion]
Replied On January 27, 2012 07:42 AM UTC

Hi Bert,
Thank you for the details.

It appears that this issue does not depend on Essential PDF. Could you please try the solution suggested in the following link?

links-in-will-not-open-a-new-window-or-tab-in

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Geetha

Geetha M [Syncfusion]
Replied On January 27, 2012 07:42 AM UTC

Hi Bert,

It appears that this issue does not depend on Essential PDF. Could you please try the solution suggested in the following link?

links-in-will-not-open-a-new-window-or-tab-in

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Geetha

Bert Sirkin
Replied On January 29, 2012 09:04 PM UTC

I've seen that before, but but even if that solution works, I can't use it in an enterprise environment.

bert

Geetha M [Syncfusion]
Replied On January 31, 2012 06:35 AM UTC

Hi Bert,

As said earlier, this issue cannot be fixed in Essential PDF as it doesnot depend on it.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Regards,
Geetha

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

Warning Icon You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.Close Icon

;