We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

System.ApplicationException: Stream position is too big

HI All,

I am using latest version of syncfusion. I am trying to parse an offerletter and is not working as expected. The file which i am trying to upload is a 97-2003 word file. If i am saving a file in windows os and upload the same, this seems to be working fine. But when i use the same file to upload the file in MAC OS, its throwing exception:

System.ApplicationException: Stream position is too big. at
Syncfusion.DocIO.ReaderWriter.WPTablesData.ReadStylesDefinitions(Stream stream,
Int64 lNextBlockStart) at
Syncfusion.DocIO.ReaderWriter.WPTablesData.ReadStyleSheet(Stream stream) at
Syncfusion.DocIO.ReaderWriter.WPTablesData.Read(Stream stream) at
Syncfusion.DocIO.ReaderWriter.WordReader.ReadDocumentHeader() at
Syncfusion.DocIO.DLS.DocReaderAdapter.Read(WordReader reader, WordDocument
wordDoc) at Syncfusion.DocIO.DLS.WordDocument.Open(Stream stream, FormatType
formatType, String password) at Syncfusion.DocIO.DLS.WordDocument.Open(Stream
stream, FormatType formatType)

When i looked into the properties, i could see that both files has same content but in the details tab i could see Program Name as Microsoft Macintosh Word(File on MAC), and file saved on windows OS is "Microsoft Office Word".

Please let me know your thoughts on this.

2 Replies

NI Nimesh January 9, 2012 06:29 AM UTC

Please find the attached offer letter file which gives trouble.

OfferLetterTemplate_NotParsing_325b8e5c.zip

GT Gunasekaran T Syncfusion Team January 10, 2012 01:19 PM UTC

Hi Nimesh,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products..

We are able to reproduce the mentioned "Stream position is too big" in the provided template document (OfferLetterTemplate(1).doc). We have tried resaving the template document using MS Word MAC version 2008 and not able reproduce the mentioned issue with resaved document. We suspect the template document may be created using MS Word version previous to Word 97. For further reference regarding compatibility of DocIO, please refer our UG documentation form the following link.

UG Documentation link:
http://help.syncfusion.com/ug_94/Reporting/DocIO/ASP.NET/default.htm?turl=Documents%2F12prerequisitesandcompatibility.htm

For your reference we have attached the document resaved using MS Word MAC version 2008. Please do find the resaved document from the following link.

Document link:
http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/Support/DirectTrac/88841/Document-1573134128.zip

Could you please provide us with the MS Word MAC version in which the template document was created for further analysis? Could you please report this issue through Direct Trac Developer Support System https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents because you can take the advantage of the expertise of a dedicated support engineer and a guaranteed response time and we hope you will take advantage of this system as well. If you have already reported, please ignore this.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Regards,
Gunasekaran

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon