We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon
Starting in 2019, the Reporting control is no longer included in Essential Studio. If you're experiencing issues with the Syncfusion Reporting Platform, Report Viewer, Report Designer, or Report Writer, we recommend migrating to Bold Reports, our dedicated reporting platform.

Bold Reports offers a comprehensive suite of tools and features for all your reporting needs, and we will help you make a smooth transition from the discontinued control. Our support team at https://support.boldreports.com/ is here to assist you with any questions or difficulties you may encounter during the migration process.

We thank you for choosing Syncfusion and appreciate your understanding.

Questions about Client side Reporting

I was reading the documentation and it says to include the path to the .rdl file and its c:\... That's not gonna work for a silverlight app. Can you include the RDL file in your project?

Can you really render reports in the client side?

My company does account software and we need to create large reports some 3000-5000 pages. These reports need to printed out or exported to PDF and it's nice to use a report desginer. Creating these reports on the Serverside puts a lot of strain on the server memory and CPU. Even if it's just 100 page report 1000 users asking for that report will kill the server unless it's on the client side.
I know other option which will be fater and use less memory is to use your pdf writer, but I was wondering if your client side reporting could do this?

Also in the samples reports, I don't see export to PDF or excel. Did you just hide that functionality for the demo?

Also can you sort by clicking on the column like SSRS?

1 Reply

LS Lingaraj S Syncfusion Team January 18, 2012 04:14 AM UTC

Hi Dan,

Thanks you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

1. We need to use WCF service to process RDL report in ReportViewer. So, we have provided sample with RDLC in sample Browser. Also, we have planned to provide detail information in documentation to use RDL Reports in Syncfusion ReportViewer and let you know once we have published in our online documentation.

2. Yes. ReportViewer will render Report in client side. We have used WCF service to retrieve data from Server and export the Reports.

3. As of now we have provided Export support using Syncfusion Report Service. We will consider exporting Report from client side.

4. We don’t have option to Export report without Syncfusion Report service, so we have disabled export option in sample browser.

5. Currently, we don’t support to sort the Data by clicking headers in Table. We have planned to add in our forthcoming releases and will let you once feature is implemented.

Please let me know if you have any queries.

Regards,
Lingaraj S.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon