We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

Errors With MVC Diagram Sample Project

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

102146 Jan 3,2012 05:07 PM Jan 5,2012 07:43 AM ASP.NET MVC (Classic) 1
Tags: Diagram
Kim Richmond
Asked On January 3, 2012 05:07 PM

I have loaded the samples for v9.404.0.62 and get an error with the Diagram sample on Default.aspx.cs Page_Load line 26. The error is an HttpParseException and the message is as follows:

(0): error CS1705: Assembly 'Syncfusion.Tools.Mvc, Version=9.404.0.62, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3d67ed1f87d44c89' uses 'System.Web.Mvc, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' which has a higher version than referenced assembly 'System.Web.Mvc, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'

I've tried changing the references to MVC 3 but the web.config is overwritten at runtime to redirect v1.0.0.0 to 2.0.0.0 and no references to 3 included. If I reference the MVC 2 all the project will not build. The error for this is

Error 1 Assembly 'Syncfusion.DemoUtility.MVC, Version=9.404.0.62, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3d67ed1f87d44c89' uses 'System.Web.Mvc, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' which has a higher version than referenced assembly 'System.Web.Mvc, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' c:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\9.4.0.62\Assemblies\4.0\Syncfusion.DemoUtility.MVC.dll MVCSampleBrowser_2010

Any assistance with this would be greatly appreciated.

Maithiliy K [Syncfusion]
Replied On January 5, 2012 07:43 AM

Hi Kim,

Thanks for using the Syncfusion product.

We suspect that the cause of the issue would be the conflict between MVC2 and MVC3 assemblies. By default our Assemblies are built by MVC3, so the GAC assemblies are referred MVC3. Your sample is referred MVC2 instead of MVC3, hence this Compilation error will occur. For your kind information there is no need to change anything in the Web.config file.

Please follow these steps to run the samples in MVC2 or MVC3 :
1. MVC3

(i) Run the Assembly Manager from Dashboard to install assemblies.

(ii)If you want to use MVC3 as a default assembly, run the SwitchMVC3 batch file from the given location.

C:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\[Version]\Utilities\MVCVersionSwitcher

(iii) Select Debug-MVC3/Release_MVC3 from the Configuration Manger. Please download the screen shot from the below link, for selecting the Debug-MVC3/Release_MVC3 option from the Configuration Manager. Please refer to the attachment.

2. MVC2

(i) Run the Assembly Manager from Dashboard to install assemblies.

(ii)If you want to use MVC2 as a default assembly, run the SwitchMVC2 batch file from the given location.

C:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\[Version]\Utilities\MVCVersionSwitcher

(iii) Select Debug from the Configuration Manger. Please download the screen shot from the below link, for selecting the Debug option from the Configuration Manager.Please refer to the attachment.

Note: To briefly know about switching (Mvc2 and Mvc3) steps, kindly refer this document link.

Link: http://help.syncfusion.com/ug_93/User%20Interface/ASP.NET%20MVC/Grid/default.htm?turl=Documents%2F52514howtoswitchbetweenmvc2andmvc3assembliesin91version.htm

Please try this and let us know if you would require any further assistance.

Regards,
Maithiliy K

MVC_d480b943.zip

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;