We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

MVC 3 Grid - Deployment issue

Hello Experts,

Everytime, when I deployed the application on the server and tried to access that deployed application first time, i always get an error "Registering style sheet for the Grid failed because assembly does not exist.". Once we got this error and tried to access that deployed application again than it works fine but when we access it first time we always get that error.

Please find error as an attachment.

Thanks
Alok Shah

SyncfusionGridStyleSheetError_e33f644c.rar

5 Replies

ES Eswari S Syncfusion Team November 29, 2011 09:38 AM UTC

Hi Alok,

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

Query #1: i always get an error "Registering style sheet for the Grid failed because assembly does not exist

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. We were unable to reproduce the issue. We have deployed the sample in online without any issue. Please refer to the following online link:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/files2.syncfusion.com/demos/MVC/Grid-Razor

Also ,we would request you to ensure whether the following listed assembly have been included in the reference.
• Syncfusion.Core.dll
• Syncfusion.Grid.Mvc.dll
• Syncfusion.Linq.Base.dll
• Syncfusion.Shared.Mvc.dll
• Syncfusion.Compression.Base.dll
• Syncfusion.XlsIO.Mvc.dll
• AjaxMin.dll
• Syncfusion.DocIO.Mvc.dll
• Syncfusion.Pdf.Base.dll

Please refer to the online UG link :

http://help.syncfusion.com/ug_94/User%20Interface/ASP.NET%20MVC/Grid/default.htm?turl=Documents%2Fdll.htm

Please try this and let us know if you have any other queries.

Regards,
Eswari.S

MO Mijail O Tornes September 5, 2012 12:14 PM UTC

Hello,

I´ll like to know if this issue was fixed somehow.
We are facing the same issue but instead of the first time, it happening minutes later after the deployment was done, and it is a permanent issue. 
Re-deploying or overtiring the MVC Grid dll with a copy of itself fixes the issue every time, but again, just for a short time. 

RD Rakesh D Syncfusion Team September 14, 2012 06:26 AM UTC

Hi Mijail,

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

Could you please provide us the following details to investigate further on this issue?

1.     1. Current Syncfusion Essential Studio Version that is used in your deployment machine.

2.      2. Names of Syncfusion MVC product in your project like Grid, Mobile Grid MVC, Schedule, Chart etc.

Please let us know if you have any concerns.

Regards,

Rakesh D

SO Stefan Onken November 4, 2012 03:07 PM UTC

I have the same issue. It seems to happen with a "cold start" of the web application. e.g when the web was shut down due to longer inactivity. When the error message is shown in your browser (see attachment) and you hit F5 everything works fine until the next shutdown of the web. I am registering the Syncfusion style manager in my _Layout.cshtml. All used assembly are taken from Essential Studio Version 10.3.0.43

Any solutions found?

Stefan

syncfusion error_4763a5ac.zip

RR Ranjithkumar R G Syncfusion Team January 3, 2013 04:07 AM UTC

Hi  Stefan,

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

We  regret for the inconvenience caused.  We are unable to reproduce your reported issue. In the meanwhile, we suggest you to remove Stylesheet for Grid in Site.Master to resolve your reported issue . We would like to inform you that Registering stylesheet for the Grid in the Site.Master will refer the CSS file of Grid in the 'head' tag. If we do not register the stylesheet for the Grid in Site.Master , it will refer the CSS file of Grid in the 'body' tag just before the Grid renders, which will not cause any other issues further. So, we suggest you to remove the Stylesheet of Grid in Site.master to resolve the issue at your end.

Please get back to us if the above method does not resolve your issue.

Regards,

Ranjithkumar.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon