We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Some questions about diagram concepts

Hello,

I have checked the sample but still don't understand the concepts of your diagrams completely.

So I have a couple questions, hope you could answer them.

1) I need to create custom symbols with custom outer shape (flowchart like) with a not rectangular outer shape. In additon I need to have several editable fields within this symbol (textfield, captions, dropdowns, buttons). For instance this could be a rectangle with the lower side curved containing a table with 4 rows, first row static caption, second row text field, third row caption, fourth row drop down selection.

2) For specific symbols I need as a part of them a "diagram container" (maybe a group?) that automatically has some symbols in specific positions that can neither be changed nor moved. The end user should be able to draw a kind of flowchart into this container connecting to the static symbols. Symbols in this container must not allow connections to anything outside the container.

3) As said the containers mentioned in 2) are part of some other symbols. These symbols should show a +/- "button". By default the container is not visible and when the users click on the button the container should pop out to be edited or viewed and disappear again when the button is clicked again.

4) Again about the containers in 2). These must be resizable as they can hold larger sub-diagrams.

5) Can I have a gradient on the outer border of a symbol?

Thanks in advance,
Christian

3 Replies

CR Christian Rattat November 5, 2011 06:55 AM UTC

One question I forgot:

6) Some of my symbols must have specific input and output connectors. How can I achieve for instance that a symbol has only one input connection and excatly two output connection? Is it possible if the user adds a symbol that this already has attached those three links and they cannot be removed (but it should be possible to move them to any side of the symbol)?

CR Christian Rattat November 5, 2011 07:50 AM UTC

I have created a sample graphic for a symbol type like described before. The final result should look and behave more less exactly like in this sample.

Regards,
Christian

Sample.png_4aafdc42.zip

AA Amsath Ali M Syncfusion Team November 16, 2011 05:53 AM UTC

Hi Christian,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products.

The Diagram control allows you to create your own custom symbols by customizing the particular symbols. Also you can add the windows controls as a node using Diagram’s ‘ControlNode’ and you can draw ‘plus/minus’ symbols to the node by overriding the ‘Render’ method of those symbols. To know more about creating custom symbols, adding windows controls and expand/collapse functionalities , kindly refer the below dashboard samples “Custom Symbol, Controls Galore and Expander”. The following path contains the sample from the dashboard.

..\..\AppData\Local\Syncfusion\EssentialStudio\{installedVersion} \Windows \Diagram.Windows\ Samples \2.0\Editable Diagrams\Custom symbols
..\..\AppData\Local\Syncfusion\EssentialStudio\{installedVersion} \Windows \Diagram.Windows\ Samples \2.0\Editable Diagrams\Controls Galore
..\..\AppData\Local\Syncfusion\EssentialStudio\{installedVersion} \Windows \Diagram.Windows\ Samples \2.0\Editable Diagrams\Expander

Please try those samples and let us know if you have any queries.

Regards,
Amsath Ali. M

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon