We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Excel Fill Effect

Hi there,

I am using version 9.204.0.137 of essential studio.

I need to apply a 2 colour vertical gradient fill effect to a cell in Excel.

Currently, the properties of CellStyle that seem available to me are:
FillPattern
FillBackground (deprecated)
FillForeground (deprecated)
Color
PatternColor

(There are the RGB versions of some of those too)

Of those, the Color one seems to effectively set the cell colour (Captain Obvious strikes again). Then the only option that makes any sense for the FillPattern one is Gradient, which does nothing.

I assumed that it would be in tandem with another property, perhaps PatternColor. But that did nothing as well.

Can someone tell me what to do including code samples please?

Ideally it would be from a dark grey to a lighter one. RGB 128,128,128 to 216,216,216. But that I can do later with a good example.

Cheers,

Mike

3 Replies

SR Sridhar Syncfusion Team October 10, 2011 10:52 AM UTC

Hi Mike,

Thank you for using Sycnfusion products.

Currently, in xlsio we do not have support to set the two color gradient style for an cell. The MS Excel 2003 does not support with this fill style and Excel 2007 & Excel 2010 are supported.We have logged an feature request for this and forwarded to the development team for further analysis.

We are able to set the two color gradient using IFill interface for the shapes in XlsIO. We have created the sample for the same at our side and placed in the below link for your reference.

Sample Link:

Xlsiosample1826495382.zip

And so we request you to open a new direct-trac incident with a simple issue reproducing sample for further follow up on this feature.

Direct-Trac Link:
https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents

Please let us know if you require any further clarifications.

Thanks,
Sridhar.S

MC Mike Conway October 11, 2011 03:50 PM UTC

Thanks for the update. I will have a look.

Mike

MM Manikandan M Syncfusion Team October 12, 2011 02:07 PM UTC

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your update.

Please let us know if you need any clarifications.

Thanks,
Manikandan.M

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon