We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Radio buttons linked cells malfunction

I'm having problems with the update of form controls through the Excel linked cell in the case of use radio buttons.
If a radio button group is linked to a single cell, it works : changing the cell value updates the corresponding radio button.
But if several radio buttons groups have the same linked cell, the cell is no longer updated and groups are updated but randomly
(often the first group and not others)
Can you tell me if there's a solution to solve this problem and how to implement it.
In hope my explanations aren't too confused ...
Best regards,
Florent

3 Replies

SR Sridhar Syncfusion Team October 7, 2011 09:40 AM UTC

Hi Florent,

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

By default in MS Excel we could see the option button with multiple groups is linked to the same cell, the cell or the radio button checked state is changed in only one group. The same behavior followed with XlsIO and we are unable to affect the default behavior.

We have attached a sample here for your reference. Please check with the input file "radiobutton.xlsx" and the generated excel file performs same behavior.

Sample Link:

Xlsiosample-213748661.zip

Please revert back to us with the modified sample if you have any concerns.

Please let us know if you require any further clarifications.

Thanks,
Sridhar.S

FP florent piquet October 7, 2011 09:30 PM UTC

Hi Sridhar,

First at all, thanks for your answer.

But I've got some trouble with your reply :
"By default in MS Excel we could see the option button with multiple groups is linked to the same cell, the cell or the radio button checked state is changed in only one group."

I'm really sorry but I'm not agree with you :
In MS Excel, if you create several button groups, in a same or differents sheets, each button group wich include one or more option buttons, each option button of a same group with the same linked cell (necessarily) and one or more groups having the same linked cell, the linked cell update will be update the relevant option buttons. And conversely.

Perhaps I'm really too confused in my explanations and not so fluent in english so I enclose you a sample file.

I'm really sorry to bother you with this detail point, but I really need this operating mode in the Syncfusion XlsIO for the work I've to realize to my enterprise.

In hope you could help me.

Best regards,
Florent

Sample_fa2dda14.zip

SR Sridhar Syncfusion Team October 10, 2011 12:13 PM UTC

Hi Florent,

Thanks for the update.

We are very sorry for the confusion.

We are able to reproduce the reported issue at our side and suspect this could be a defect.we have forwarded to the development team for further analysis.

So we request you to open a new direct-trac incident with a simple issue reproducing sample for further follow up on this issue.

Direct-Trac Link:
https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents

Please let us know if you require any further clarifications.

Thanks,
Sridhar.S

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon