We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Docking manager - LoadDesignerDockState

Hi

In the Windows forms Docking manager, Syncfusion has a method LoadDesignerDockState which would allow the user go back to the initial dock state. Is there an equivalent in WPF.

What i would like to do is save the Dock state when the application closes and load the dock state when the shell loads, so the user is always given their last state. The Reset State will give them their last saved state. But also, i want them to be able to go back to the Default Design state which seems like functionality that is missing.

regards,

Alan

3 Replies

KR Karthick Ravichandran Syncfusion Team September 27, 2011 02:30 AM UTC

Hi Alan,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Currently we don't have support to Load Designer state in Docking Manager and have logged this LoadDesignerstate as a feature request in our database; we will implement this feature in any of our upcoming releases. We usually have an interval of at least three months between releases. The feature implementation would also greatly depend on the factors such as product design, code compatibility and complexity.We will get back to you in the incident #85227 once this feature got implemented.

Please let me know in case of any queries.

Regards
Karthick

DV David Vestal September 28, 2023 10:50 PM UTC

Was this feature ever implemented?  I have the same question.

BA BagavathiPerumal Apranandham Syncfusion Team October 6, 2023 12:11 PM UTC

Hi David Vestal,

We have prepared a sample based on your requirement 'Loading the Default Design State of the DockingManager'. In this sample, you can save the required layout in a separate XML file (e.g., DefaultLayout.xml) and load the default layout through a button click. Please refer to the attached sample and video for your reference.

Regards,
Bagavathi Perumal A

Attachment: DockingManager_WPF_cfb1cf72.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon