We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

"Excel found unreadable content" error when opening a spreadsheet with slicers

I have a spreadsheet file with slicers. I open this file using XslIO, and populate data in some of the worksheets. Then I save the spreadsheet.

When I try to open the spreadsheet in Excel, I get an error that says, "Excel found unreadable content." I open the spreadsheet file anyway, and the followiung content was removed:

-error064920_01.xmlErrors'>http://schemas.openxmlformats.org/spreadsheetml/2006/main">error064920_01.xmlErrors were detected in file 'C:\sp_work\data\Canada\NominationReport.xlsx'-Removed Records: Slicer Cache from /xl/slicerCaches/slicerCache1.xml part (Slicer Cache)Removed Records: Slicer Cache from /xl/slicerCaches/slicerCache2.xml part (Slicer Cache)Removed Records: Slicer Cache from /xl/slicerCaches/slicerCache3.xml part (Slicer Cache)Removed Records: Slicer Cache from /xl/slicerCaches/slicerCache4.xml part (Slicer Cache)Removed Records: Drawing from /xl/drawings/drawing1.xml part (Drawing shape)

Aren't slicers supported?

I can't send the file because it has proprietary information.

1 Reply

SR Sridhar Syncfusion Team August 24, 2011 12:41 PM UTC

Hi Greg,

Thank you very much for using Syncfusion products.

Currently, In XlsIO we dont have support for slicers in the excel worksheet. We have tried the sample with Pivot Table and Slicers for the Pivot table fields , we could see the clicers are not handled in Essential XlsIO. We have forwarded to the development team for further process and we will get back to you with the details once we hear from them.

Please let us know if you require any further clarifications.

Thanks,
Sridhar.S

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon