We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Diagram size and image export

Hi

I'm evaluating Essential Diagram, but I have a problem.

I noticed that in all the provided samples the "canvas" (the surface where the diagram is drawn) is virtually infinite in size, ie: it does not have a fixed height and width.

This is a problem for us, because in the application we need to develop the user works with an "A4" sized canvas, that will later be exported for import in another application.

And this leads me to the 2nd problem: the "save" command doesn't let me choose a resolution for the image to save, which means I cannot save a "hi-def" image of the diagram (tho this is somewhat mitigated by the exportToXps method that works perfectly , but it would be nice to be able to directly export to image with a chosen definition).

So, my questions are:
1) Is there a way to have a canvas with fixed size (or at least fixed proportions)?
2) Is it possible to set the canvas resolution/definition for hi-def image export?

Thanks in advance.
Elia

3 Replies

RT Ramya Thirugnanam Syncfusion Team July 21, 2011 04:40 AM UTC

Hi Elia,

Thanks for evaluating Syncfusion product.

With regards to fixed size to DiagramPage, this will be available in our Volume3 2011 release, which is tentatively scheduled on end of July. We will get back to you once the volume 3 is released.

Please let us know if you have any further queries and we will be happy to help you out.

Regards,
Ramya

ED Elia Dal Santo July 21, 2011 08:59 AM UTC

Thank you for the information.

Could you be a bit more specific on "tentatively scheduled for the end of july"? Ie: how likely it is that you'll release it by the end of the month?
We're in a bit of a hurry... we can start development and integrate the feature later if we know it will be available by month's end, but if it gets delayed we could have a problem.

RT Ramya Thirugnanam Syncfusion Team July 26, 2011 06:22 AM UTC

Hi Elia,

With regards to Volume3 release, we are not sure on the exact date and excepting to be in the end of July 2011 or in the first week of August 2011. We will update you once when the volume 3 is released.

Please let us know if you have any further queries and we will be happy to help you out.

Regards,
Ramya

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon