We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

About Aurelia and JS2

Hi,

I would like to know when JS2 will be production ready and if we will have access while in beta.
Also, will it supportAurelia and Vue?
If so, can you let us know if the support for Aurelia will be via the current syncfusion-aurelia bridge?
Also, are there any plans to add more details to the Aurelia documentation (https://help.syncfusion.com/aurelia/grid/getting-started)?
It is not as detailed as JS and ASP.NET MVC
Thank you,
Alex.

8 Replies

DV Dave Vorgang April 19, 2018 10:28 PM UTC

I was wondering the same thing now that JS2 is out.  Will you have an Aurelia bridge for it?

SM Saranya Murugasamy Syncfusion Team April 20, 2018 01:00 PM UTC

Hi Alex, 

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion Aurelia components. 

Query 1: I would like to know when JS2 will be production ready and if we will have access while in beta. Also, will it supportAurelia and Vue? 

For Aurelia: Currently we don’t have any immediate plan for Aurelia in Essential JS 2. Our feature implementation roadmap is often updated based on customer interest and unfortunately there are several other items in our list that have received more interest from customers than the Aurelia components so we are unable to share a timeline of when Aurelia components for Essential JS 2 will be available. We will update you if there is any progress on this. 

For Vue: Currently we are working on providing support for Vue.js framework in Essential JS 2 components. We have added this in the Essential Studio Volume 2, 2018 release wishlist which will be tentatively available by May 2018.   
Query 2: If so, can you let us know if the support for Aurelia will be via the current syncfusion-aurelia bridge? 

We would like to let you know that the current syncfusion-aurelia bridge will support only Essential JS 1 components.  

Query 3: Also, are there any plans to add more details to the Aurelia documentation (https://help.syncfusion.com/aurelia/grid/getting-started)? It is not as detailed as JS and ASP.NET MVC 

Yes, we will improve our user guide in every aspects. For your kind information, we have getting started user guide for all available Aurelia Skeletons in our online documentation. Please refer to the below link.  

We have discussed the below topics in our Getting Started documents.  

• How to install and integrate the aurelia-syncfusion-bridge in each aurelia-skeleton.
  • How to render our Aurelia Components
  • Component Specific features integration

Could you please share about the issues faced while following our getting started document.? It will help us to focus on specific area and assist you at the earliest.  

Query 4: I was wondering the same thing now that JS2 is out.  Will you have an Aurelia bridge for it? 
No, Currently we don't have Aurelia bridge support for Essential JS 2. 
Please let us know if you have any concerns. 

Regards, 
Saranya Murugasamy 

AK Art Karp May 9, 2018 09:37 PM UTC

"...more interest from customers than the Aurelia components so we are unable to share a timeline of when Aurelia components for Essential JS 2 will be available. We will update you if there is any progress on this."

I have been waiting for the last six months to begin a new project specifically so I can use JS2 controls with Aurelia.  I was told by your staff last year that JS2 would support Aurelia. Sadly, based on your answer above, it looks like I need to move on and use controls from another company who will support Aurelia going forward. Very disappointed.

SM Saranya Murugasamy Syncfusion Team May 16, 2018 11:56 AM UTC

Hi Art, 

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. 

Our initial plan was to provide support for Aurelia in Essential JS 2 but we had to update the plan recently due to customers wanting several other higher priority features first. We still have not completely given up on the plans to support Aurelia in Essential JS 2 and will continue to monitor the interest from customers and will take a decision at a later time. Unfortunately, we do not have any more concrete information to share at this time. 

Please let us know if you have any concerns. 

Regards, 
Saranya Murugasamy 

DB Dynamic Benchmarking February 4, 2019 03:39 PM UTC

We also need this and based development plans on this feature.

JD Jayakumar Duraisamy Syncfusion Team February 5, 2019 10:11 AM UTC

Hi Dynamic,  
Currently we don’t have immediate plan for Aurelia in Essential JS 2. Our feature implementation roadmap is often updated based on customer interest and unfortunately there are several other items in our list that have received more interest from customers than the Aurelia components, so we are unable to share the timeline of when Aurelia components for Essential JS 2 will be available. We will update you if there is any progress on this. 
Regards, 
Jayakumar D 

MI Mike February 7, 2019 06:01 PM UTC

I'm in the Aurelia camp too. my company is spending money with you guys.  I'd be perfectly happy if you only focused on the pure java script approach though

JD Jayakumar Duraisamy Syncfusion Team February 8, 2019 06:27 AM UTC

Hi Mike, 
We regret to inform you that we don’t have immediate plan for Aurelia in Essential JS 2, We will let you know, once we have planned tentative timeline. 
Regards, 
Jayakumar D 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon