We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Selected items using Token mode don't get displayed properly in iOS

I'm using data binding to show some pre-selected items in the Sfcombobox but they got displayed improperly in iOS ,
Kindly check the attached image to see what I mean

This is the XAML code

<inputLayout:SfTextInputLayout

OutlineCornerRadius="10"

UnfocusedColor="White"

Hint="{Binding IncidentTypeText}"

ContainerType="Outlined">

<combobox:SfComboBox

x:Name="incidentTypeCombo"

DisplayMemberPath="Name"

SelectedValuePath="Id"

SelectedIndices="{Binding SelectedIncidentTypes, Mode=TwoWay}"

DataSource="{Binding IncidentTypes, Mode=TwoWay}"

MultiSelectMode="Token"

TextColor="{DynamicResource Gray-White}"

TokensWrapMode="Wrap"

IsEditableMode="False"

IsSelectedItemsVisibleInDropDown="False">

<combobox:SfComboBox.TokenSettings>

<combobox:TokenSettings

FontSize="15"

BackgroundColor="{DynamicResource Gray-White}"

TextColor="{DynamicResource VisiumKmsBlue}"

SelectedBackgroundColor="#ffffe0"

DeleteButtonColor="{DynamicResource VisiumKmsBlue}"

IsCloseButtonVisible="true"

CornerRadius="15"

DeleteButtonPlacement="Right">

</combobox:TokenSettings>

</combobox:SfComboBox.TokenSettings>

</combobox:SfComboBox>

</inputLayout:SfTextInputLayout>

Bear in mind that when I click on the clear button and start selecting the items myself , it works fine, the issue only appears if I already have some selected items that I need to show in Token mode in the Sfcombobox

Attachment: Test_1f7e66b8.zip

8 Replies

RS Ruba Shanmugam Syncfusion Team October 11, 2022 12:03 PM UTC

Query: Selected items using Token mode don't get displayed properly in iOS

We have fixed the SelectedIndices issue in iOS and we have prepared a new patch from the latest version. Please find the NuGet from the below link.

NuGet link: https://syncfusion.com/Installs/support/patch/20.3.0.47/1270249/T411011/SyncfusionNuget_20.3.0.47_1270249_10052022083448510_T411011.zip

Assembly: https://syncfusion.com/Installs/support/patch/20.3.0.47/1270249/T411011/SyncfusionPatch_20.3.0.47_1270249_10052022083448510_T411011.zip

Patch version: 20.3.0.47

Please note that we have created this patch for version 20.3.0.47 specifically, to resolve the issue reported in this ticket. If you have received other patches for the same version for other products, please apply all patches in the order received.

Note: Please refer to the below link to apply the custom patch,

https://www.syncfusion.com/kb/6987/how-to-clear-nuget-cache

We will include the fix in our upcoming weekly release which will be rolled out on October 18, 2022. We appreciate your patience until then.

Disclaimer: The inclusion of this solution in the weekly release may change due to other factors, including but not limited to QA checks and work reprioritization.

Regards,

Ruba Shanmugam

AH Ahmed replied to Ruba Shanmugam October 11, 2022 02:01 PM UTC

Hi Ruba, thank you for your reply, I just have a question, do I need to use this Assembly URL that you left? because I can see that version 20.3.0.47 exists in the NuGet package manager and I can directly select this version and update the package 
Do I need to do something else after updating the package from the NuGet package manager? 

RS Ruba Shanmugam Syncfusion Team October 12, 2022 06:34 AM UTC

Hi Ahmed,

Can you please refer to the below link for applying a custom patch in the application?

Custom patch: https://www.syncfusion.com/kb/11556/how-to-install-the-customer-patch-nuget-in-windows-machine

Please let us know if you have any other details.

Regards,

Ruba Shanmugam

AH Ahmed October 12, 2022 11:35 AM UTC

Hi Ruba,

My device is MacOS, so I followed these instructions in the following URL -> https://www.syncfusion.com/kb/10474/how-to-install-the-customer-patch-nuget-in-macos-machine

and after following each step in the previous URL, the issue disappeared but a new issue popped up which is there are essentially no selected items got displayed in the SfComboBox and it only works fine when I open the SfComboBox drop-down menu and select the items myself, and it doesn't show the pre-selected items that I specify in the code using the selectedIndices property, bear in mind that I haven't changed the code that I provided previously, the result is attached in the image, kindly check it out.

May you please help?

Attachment: Screen_Shot_20221012_at_1.29.18_PM_81ee0248.zip

RS Ruba Shanmugam Syncfusion Team October 13, 2022 09:13 AM UTC

Hi Ahmed,

Query: it doesn't show the pre-selected items that I specify in the code using the selectedIndices property,

We have prepared the sample based on the provided information, using the SelectedIndices set the pre-selected items at initially. But we couldn’t able to replicate the reported crash issue. We have prepared a sample for your reference and please get it from the attachments.

We ask you to try our sample and if your requirement is different, please explain to us briefly and share the replication steps with the sample. It will help us to provide the proper solution at the easiest.  Please let us know if you need any other details.

Regards,

Ruba Shanmugam

Attachment: SfComboBox_SelectedIndices_Sample_bd22ba65.zip

RS Ruba Shanmugam Syncfusion Team October 18, 2022 09:56 AM UTC

Hi Ahmed,

Thanks for your patience.

We have included the fix in our latest Weekly NuGet release v20.3.0.50 which is available for download (
https://www.nuget.org/ ). We thank you for your support and appreciate your patience in waiting for this update. Please get in touch with us if you would require any further assistance.

Regards,

Ruba Shanmugam

AH Ahmed October 18, 2022 12:25 PM UTC

Hi Ruba, 
I updated all of my Syncfusion controls to the latest version v20.3.0.50 and I'm still facing the same issue even after cleaning my project and building the solution again , please check the attached image to show you my installed NuGet Packages and their current version number

Regards,
Ahmed

Attachment: Screen_Shot_20221018_at_2.24.32_PM_59051acc.zip

RS Ruba Shanmugam Syncfusion Team October 19, 2022 08:58 AM UTC

Hi Ahmed,

Query: it doesn't show the pre-selected items that I specify in the code using the selectedIndices property,

We have prepared the sample based on the provided information, using the SelectedIndices and set the pre-selected items at initially with the latest version of SfComboBox  NuGet. But we couldn’t able to replicate the reported issue. We have prepared a sample for your reference and please get it from the attachments.

We ask you to try our sample and if your requirement is different, please explain to us briefly and share the replication steps with the sample. It will help us to provide the proper solution at the easiest.  Please let us know if you need any other details.

Regards,

Ruba Shanmugam

Attachment: ComboBox_Latest_PreSelectionItems_9ae88167.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon