We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. (Last updated on: November 16, 2018).
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.
Syncfusion Feedback

VS2017 - Syncfusion Templates are gone

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

129768 Mar 31,2017 12:34 PM UTC Apr 3,2017 11:41 AM UTC WinForms 1
Tags: Extension
Nick Mesisca
Asked On March 31, 2017 12:34 PM UTC

Hi all,
I noticed this morning that the Syncfusion templates were gone from my VS2017 installation.
My apps work fine, and the toolbar shows the sf components. However I cannot seem to be able to add sf components from the Add menu.
I read on another thread that I should run the Syncfusion.WindowsForms.Package.VSIX file but this gives me an error message "this extension is not installable on any currently installed products". So it seems my VS2017 is not recognized anymore..

This is an extract from the install log file:
31/03/2017 13:27:08 - VSIXInstaller.NoApplicableSKUsException: This extension is not installable on any currently installed products.
   at VSIXInstaller.App.InitializeInstall(Boolean isRepairSupported)
   at VSIXInstaller.App.InitializeInstall()
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.InnerInvoke()
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()

Any help would be appreciated,
regards
Nick

Mathivanan KP [Syncfusion]
Replied On April 3, 2017 11:41 AM UTC

Hi Nick,   

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion Support.   

We are unable to reproduce this reported problem from our end. We can able to create Syncfusion WinForms Project and add the Syncfusion Windows Forms items from Add Syncfusion item from VS 2017 after installed the Syncfusion Essential Studio setup. In such cases Syncfusion Visual Studio Extensions are not installed properly. So, we can reinstall it using the Syncfusion Install Extensions tool. Performing the steps from the below link will install the Syncfusion Visual Studio Extensions into all the applicable products in your machine.  

If still the problem not resolved from your end, please provide the Installinfo.xml file to reproduce the issue from our end.  You can get the installinfo.xml from below mentioned location.   

Location: {Essential Studio Build Installed location}\{Build Version}\Utilities\InstallInfoGenerator\InstallInfo.xml  

For Example:  C:\Program Files (x86)\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\<Essential Studio Version>\Utilities\InstallInfoGenerator\InstallInfo.xml 

Regards,   
Mathi. 

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

Warning Icon You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.Close Icon

;