We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

VS2017 - Syncfusion Templates are gone

Hi all,
I noticed this morning that the Syncfusion templates were gone from my VS2017 installation.
My apps work fine, and the toolbar shows the sf components. However I cannot seem to be able to add sf components from the Add menu.
I read on another thread that I should run the Syncfusion.WindowsForms.Package.VSIX file but this gives me an error message "this extension is not installable on any currently installed products". So it seems my VS2017 is not recognized anymore..

This is an extract from the install log file:
31/03/2017 13:27:08 - VSIXInstaller.NoApplicableSKUsException: This extension is not installable on any currently installed products.
   at VSIXInstaller.App.InitializeInstall(Boolean isRepairSupported)
   at VSIXInstaller.App.InitializeInstall()
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.InnerInvoke()
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()

Any help would be appreciated,
regards
Nick

3 Replies

MK Mathivanan KP Syncfusion Team April 3, 2017 11:41 AM UTC

Hi Nick,   

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion Support.   

We are unable to reproduce this reported problem from our end. We can able to create Syncfusion WinForms Project and add the Syncfusion Windows Forms items from Add Syncfusion item from VS 2017 after installed the Syncfusion Essential Studio setup. In such cases Syncfusion Visual Studio Extensions are not installed properly. So, we can reinstall it using the Syncfusion Install Extensions tool. Performing the steps from the below link will install the Syncfusion Visual Studio Extensions into all the applicable products in your machine.  

If still the problem not resolved from your end, please provide the Installinfo.xml file to reproduce the issue from our end.  You can get the installinfo.xml from below mentioned location.   

Location: {Essential Studio Build Installed location}\{Build Version}\Utilities\InstallInfoGenerator\InstallInfo.xml  

For Example:  C:\Program Files (x86)\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\<Essential Studio Version>\Utilities\InstallInfoGenerator\InstallInfo.xml 

Regards,   
Mathi. 

AN Antonio June 4, 2020 10:27 AM UTC

Hi.

I have the same problem but I'm using Visual Studio comunity 2019.

GR Ganesan Rengasamy Syncfusion Team June 4, 2020 12:08 PM UTC

Hi Antonio, 

In Visual Studio 2019 the Syncfusion Menu option will be available under the Extension -> Manage Extensions. You can create the new Syncfusion application from here.

If the Syncfusion Menu is not available here, please provide the below details to check the issue from our side. 

1. Screenshot for the Extension manager dialog with the installed Syncfusion extension details. For this Go to Extensions -> Manage Extensions -> Installed and give the Syncfusion keyword in the search box. Please refer the below screenshot

2. Goto Help - About Microsoft Visual Studio and click on the Copy info button and paste the information in a text file and share them
  3. ActivityLog.Setup.xml file from the location %appdata%\Microsoft\VisualStudio\16.0 if it exists.
  4. Gatherlog file. Please follow the steps from the link to get the Gatherlog file.
Regards,
Ganesan Rengasamy.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon