This blog provides show notes for our August 25, 2022 webinar, “Successful Remote Working: An Introduction.” The webinar was presented and hosted by Lorenzo Barbieri. If you missed it or would like to watch it again, you can find it on our YouTube channel or embedded here.
In this webinar, Succinctly series author Lorenzo Barbieri shares how working remotely can be a successful experience. He demonstrates how to set up a productive environment, avoid burnout, stay connected with the rest of your team, and more.
Equipment that makes remote work easier
- Headphones with a mic.
- Multiple monitors.
- Standing desk.
- Quality chair.
- Docking station.
- Printer and scanner.
- A “busy light” or some other way to indicate “do not disturb” to your household.
- Cover for the webcam.
Enhance your web calls
- Higher quality microphone.
- Additional lighting for video calls.
- An attractive background, a “fake” background, or a green screen.
- Physical whiteboard.
- Graphic tablet with a pen.
- External programmable controller or keyboard.
- [00:00] Introduction
- [00:58] Webinar Starts
- [02:15] Set Up a Productive Environment
- [02:28] The Basics
- [03:21] Enhancements
- [08:45] Improve Your Calls
- [16:06] Prepare for Travel
- [18:18] Know Your Software
- [25:14] Staying Connected with Your Team
- [32:34] Don’t Fear Interruptions
- [35:50] Avoiding Burnout
- [40:34] Be Aware of Cultural Differences
- [44:21] Closing Notes
We hope you enjoyed this webinar and learned a few new tips and tricks for working remotely. Keep an eye out for our future webinars.
Recommended resources (related links)
- Contact Lorenzo Barbieri:
- Email: Lorenzo.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Twitter: @_geniodelmale
- Website: publicspeaking.dev
Read Lorenzo Barbieri’s Succinctly series e-books:
- Public Speaking for Geeks Succinctly
- Beyond Public Speaking for Geeks Succinctly
- App Modernization on Azure Succinctly
Hi, Thanks for the tips for remote work!
Comments are closed.