This blog provides show notes for our June 24, 2021, webinar, “Link Your Charts and Grids in 20 Minutes with JetBrains + Syncfusion.” The webinar was presented and hosted by Chad Church and Developer Advocate from JetBrains, Rachel Appel. If you missed the webinar or would like to watch it again, you can do so on our YouTube channel or here.
During this webinar, we showed how to build an ASP.NET Core 5 application using JetBrains Rider and Syncfusion. In this app, we loaded the Syncfusion DataGrid control with data and then populated a Syncfusion chart with the data selected in the grid.
What is JetBrains?
JetBrains Rider is a cross-platform .NET IDE based on the IntelliJ platform and ReSharper.
With JetBrains Rider, you have access to the following features:
- Windows, macOS, and Linux support.
- Intelligent code editor with different kinds of code completion, auto-importing of namespaces, auto-inserting braces, and more.
- Code analysis with 2,200+ code inspections.
- The ability to jump to any file, type, or member in your code base with navigation and search options.
- Navigate through decompiled code as you would your source code.
- 60+ refactorings.
- Unit testing.
- Debugging with .NET Framework, Mono, and .NET Core apps.
- Support for Git, Subversion, Mercurial, Perforce, and TFS out of the box.
- The ability to work with SQL and databases without leaving Rider.
- Support for a wide array of plugins.
The following are answers to the question we received from attendees during the webinar.
Q: What is the minified size of Syncfusion Grid and Chart?
A: Syncfusion controls are modular, so it depends on how much functionality you want. Here are the ranges for both Chart and DataGrid in one JS file:
- Minimal functionality and minimized JS: 2.2 MB
- Maximum functionality and unminimized JS: 13.1 MB
Q: It seems Syncfusion is missing a few components like graphs and trees (to demonstrate relationships between concepts). Is there something in the roadmap?
A: We have a Diagram that should meet your needs.
Q: How customizable are the Chart and Grid components, i.e. are there templating in grids and charts?
A: All Syncfusion controls support JS templates.
Q: Can you create a custom chart using the basic components of Syncfusion Charts? Is it possible to create a new chart type?
A: Syncfusion source code is available, and you can make any changes you wish.
Q: How performant is the Syncfusion Grid?
A: It has very high performance. Here is our help topic on performance tips.
Q: How do you get rid of the license pop-up?
During this webinar, we looked into how to build an ASP.NET Core 5 application.
We hope you enjoyed this webinar and please keep an eye out for our future JetBrains and Syncfusion webinars!