On August 16, Syncfusion held a webinar on the Syncfusion Dashboard Platform, hosted by Vice President Daniel Jebaraj, demonstrating the basics of building and deploying secure dashboards and showing attendees the platform’s new features. If you missed the webinar, check out the recording here. The great turnout for the webinar was exciting, but once again, we ran out of time during the Q&A to answer all the questions we received. We are therefore pleased to present answers to those questions here.
1. Is it possible to extract the data from any stored procedure but set the parameters through “combo box,” “date picker,” or similar controls?
This is not supported with the published builds. We are working on this and expect to post an update soon.
2. Is it possible to change the designer localization for the dates in the filters like dd/mm/yyyy?
Localization is supported on the server, but filters require additional work. Expect this in an update in the next few weeks.
3. Can you add more than one Excel file for the source?
4. What is the optimum server configuration to run the dashboard with a 4-8 GB database?
For most common requirements, including the above stated requirement, any modern processor capable of running Windows Server with 16 GB RAM will work well.
5. Can I use simultaneous 2-10 Excel/CSV files in one dashboard? And link the data between them?
Yes. Please refer to the following link for more detail: https://help.syncfusion.com/dashboard-platform/dashboard-designer/compose-dashboard/configuring-dashboard-filters.
6. Is it possible to invoke a stored procedure and create custom parameters for the users to enter?
The parameters defined in stored procedures can be passed by users while designing data. But custom parameter creation is not possible at the moment. Please refer to the following link to invoke stored procedure through our Dashboard Designer: https://help.syncfusion.com/dashboard-platform/dashboard-designer/connecting-to-data/connecting-to-stored-procedures.
7. Does this work with Mondrian?
We support SLQ Server Analysis Services. We have not tested with Mondrian, but will log a request to do so.
8. Am I able to define the relation between tables in the Dashboard Designer?
Yes. We can define relationships between tables through the join editor window in the Dashboard Designer. Refer to the following link for more details: https://help.syncfusion.com/dashboard-platform/dashboard-designer/transforming-data/joining-table.
9. Is the data cached or will it query the database each time I view the dashboard?
There is support for client-side caching. For other, more advanced caching requirements, please contact us through Direct-Trac.
10. Can you also give a demo presenting how it would perform in a production situation?
You can take a look at the dashboards deployed on dashboardserver.syncfusion.com.
11. Do we have the ability to plug in authentication against our own existing user database?
We have the ability to import users from the following user bases:
- Window Active Directory
- Your own Microsoft SLQ Server, MySLQ, or Oracle databases where you hold your users’ data.
Authentication can be shared between Windows Active Directory and Syncfusion Dashboard Server.
However, we don’t have support to directly authenticate from your database.
If your authentication is from any identity provider, please let us know and we shall add that as a feature request and work on supporting that.
12. Is it possible to allow dashboard users to create filters (rather than dashboard designers)?
No. Only dashboard designers create user filters. Please refer to the following link for more details: https://help.syncfusion.com/dashboard-platform/dashboard-designer/compose-dashboard/configuring-user-based-filter.
13.How do you manage volatility of a user/employee coming in/out of the organization? Do we need to import data from the active directory every week?
We can set up scheduled synchronization from Active Directory into the Dashboard Server to do this.
Please follow these UG links to learn more:
14. Does the dashboard support large data sources like WHDB?
Yes. Please refer to the following link for more details:
For a large dataset example, please refer to this whitepaper:
Or refer to its accompanying video summary:
15. Can we integrate this into an angular web app?
16. Can I get the PDF copy of this lesson?
The PDF copy of the slides is available here:
17. Can Syncfusion products support Chinese (cht interface, etc.)?
Yes. We can localize the Syncfusion Dashboard Designer by placing the resource file (.resx) modified as per your preferred culture. Please refer to the following link for more details:
We can localize the Dashboard Viewer by placing the XML file with culture information. Refer to the link for details: https://help.syncfusion.com/dashboard-platform/dashboard-sdk/localization-viewer.
We have support to localize the Dashboard Server application. Refer to the following UG link for more details: