On August 16, Syncfusion held a webinar on the Syncfusion Dashboard
Platform, hosted by Vice President Daniel Jebaraj, demonstrating the basics of building
and deploying secure dashboards and showing attendees the platform’s new
features. If you missed the webinar, check out the recording here. The great turnout for the
webinar was exciting, but once again, we ran out of time during the Q&A to
answer all the questions we received. We are therefore pleased to present
answers to those questions here.
1. Is it possible to extract the data from any stored procedure but set
the parameters through "combo box," "date picker," or
This is not supported with
the published builds. We are working on this and expect to post an update soon.
2. Is it possible to change the designer localization for the dates in
the filters like dd/mm/yyyy?
supported on the server, but filters require additional work. Expect this in an
update in the next few weeks.
3. Can you add more than one Excel file for the source?
4. What is the optimum server configuration to run the dashboard with a
4-8 GB database?
For most common requirements,
including the above stated requirement, any modern processor capable of running
Windows Server with 16 GB RAM will work well.
5. Can I use simultaneous 2-10 Excel/CSV files in one dashboard? And
link the data between them?
Yes. Please refer to the following link for more detail: https://help.syncfusion.com/dashboard-platform/dashboard-designer/compose-dashboard/configuring-dashboard-filters.
6. Is it possible to invoke a stored procedure and create custom
parameters for the users to enter?
defined in stored procedures can be passed by users while designing data. But custom parameter creation is not
possible at the moment. Please refer to the
following link to invoke stored procedure through our Dashboard Designer: https://help.syncfusion.com/dashboard-platform/dashboard-designer/connecting-to-data/connecting-to-stored-procedures.
7. Does this work with Mondrian?
We support SLQ Server Analysis
Services. We have not tested with Mondrian, but will log a request to do so.
8. Am I able to define the relation between tables in the Dashboard
Yes. We can define relationships
between tables through the join editor window in the Dashboard Designer. Refer to the following link for more details: https://help.syncfusion.com/dashboard-platform/dashboard-designer/transforming-data/joining-table.
9. Is the data cached or will it query the database each time I view
There is support for client-side
caching. For other, more advanced caching requirements, please contact us
10. Can you also give a demo presenting how it would perform in a
You can take a look at the
dashboards deployed on dashboardserver.syncfusion.com.
11. Do we have the ability to plug in authentication against our own
existing user database?
We have the ability to import
users from the following user bases:
- Window Active Directory
- Your own Microsoft SLQ Server,
MySLQ, or Oracle databases where you hold your users’ data.
Authentication can be shared between Windows Active
Directory and Syncfusion Dashboard Server.
However, we don’t have support to
directly authenticate from your database.
If your authentication is from any
identity provider, please let us know and we shall add that as a feature request
and work on supporting that.
12. Is it possible to allow dashboard users to create filters (rather
than dashboard designers)?
No. Only dashboard designers create
user filters. Please refer to the following link for more details: https://help.syncfusion.com/dashboard-platform/dashboard-designer/compose-dashboard/configuring-user-based-filter.
13.How do you manage volatility of a user/employee coming in/out of the
organization? Do we need to import data from the active directory every week?
We can set up scheduled
synchronization from Active Directory into the Dashboard Server to do this.
Please follow these UG links to
Synchronize AD Users:
Synchronize AD Groups:
14. Does the dashboard support large data sources like WHDB?
Yes. Please refer to the following
link for more details:
For a large dataset example,
please refer to this whitepaper:
Or refer to its accompanying video
15. Can we integrate this into an angular web app?
16. Can I get the PDF copy of this lesson?
The PDF copy of the slides is
17. Can Syncfusion products support Chinese (cht interface, etc.)?
Yes. We can localize the Syncfusion
Dashboard Designer by placing the resource file (.resx) modified as per your preferred
culture. Please refer to the following link for more details:
We can localize the
Dashboard Viewer by placing the XML file with culture information. Refer to the
link for details: https://help.syncfusion.com/dashboard-platform/dashboard-sdk/localization-viewer.
We have support to localize the
Dashboard Server application. Refer to the following UG link for more details: