We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

flickering toolbars

Hi,

I am using Version 4.4.0.54. Starting with Version 4 the toolbars in a application are drawn very often in a bigger application and the window seems to flicker. You can see this effect in your VSDemo_2005. Please open 2-3 child windows and then close the application using the X in the upper right corner. While closing the application the toolbars are drawn about five times at different positions! You can see this effect especially on a slow computer.
This effect also appears when child windows are slow, e.g. load data from a database.

Is there a workaround for this "feature"?

Best Regards,
Christian

3 Replies

GR Golda Rebecal Syncfusion Team January 31, 2007 09:08 AM UTC

Hi Christian,

To avoid flickering on closing the application, we can use the LockWindowUpdate interop call in the form closing event.

1) We have to import the required assemblies for the LockWindowUpdate interop call

[System.Runtime.InteropServices.DllImportAttribute("user32.dll")]
private static extern bool LockWindowUpdate(Int64 windowHandle);

2) Then we have to call LockWindowUpdate in the form closing event.

void VSMainForm_FormClosing(object sender, FormClosingEventArgs e)
{
LockWindowUpdate(this.Handle.ToInt64());
}

Please have a look at the modified VS_Demo2005 sample attached and let me know if this helps.

Regards,
Golda

VSDemo.zip

CL Christian Lützenkirchen January 31, 2007 10:35 AM UTC

Hi Golda,

thank you for your reply but I can not open the zip file. Can you please check this?

Best Regards,
Christian

CL Christian Lützenkirchen January 31, 2007 12:50 PM UTC

Hi Golda,

it is running fine now! But you have to define the windowsHandle as IntPtr!

Best Regards,
Christian

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon