We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Trouble with Cell-Format within Excel

We use the Syncfusion.ExcelRW to export data to an excelsheet. Some cells have backgroundcolors and borders. When open the excelfile with excel (Version 2000) everything seemed to be ok but on cells with border or backgroundcolor the format can''t be changed. In cells where no border or backgroundcolor is set everything worrks fine. The same behavior you get with the created excelsheets form the sample applications.

5 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 23, 2004 03:15 PM UTC

Hi Rut, I will investigate into this this issue at the earliest. Could you please let me know the version of ExcelRW that you are using. Thanks. Best regards, Stephen. >We use the Syncfusion.ExcelRW to export data to an excelsheet. > >Some cells have backgroundcolors and borders. > >When open the excelfile with excel (Version 2000) everything seemed to be ok but on cells with border or backgroundcolor the format can''t be changed. In cells where no border or backgroundcolor is set everything worrks fine. > >The same behavior you get with the created excelsheets form the sample applications. > >

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 7, 2004 08:52 PM UTC

I am using 2.1.0.9 and am experiencing the same problem. Will it be fixed in the upcoming 3.0 release? >Hi Rut, > >I will investigate into this this issue at the earliest. Could you please let me know the version of ExcelRW that you are using. Thanks. > >Best regards, > >Stephen. > >>We use the Syncfusion.ExcelRW to export data to an excelsheet. >> >>Some cells have backgroundcolors and borders. >> >>When open the excelfile with excel (Version 2000) everything seemed to be ok but on cells with border or backgroundcolor the format can''t be changed. In cells where no border or backgroundcolor is set everything worrks fine. >> >>The same behavior you get with the created excelsheets form the sample applications. >> >>

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 10, 2004 05:21 PM UTC

Hi, I tested by creating a sample where the generated file has the following cell formatting 1) Cell Text 2) Border 3) Background Color but could not see the problem when I opened the file in Office 2000. Could you please take a look at this sample and let me know if you see the problem. Sample Thanks, Stephen. >I am using 2.1.0.9 and am experiencing the same problem. Will it be fixed in the upcoming 3.0 release? > >>Hi Rut, >> >>I will investigate into this this issue at the earliest. Could you please let me know the version of ExcelRW that you are using. Thanks. >> >>Best regards, >> >>Stephen. >> >>>We use the Syncfusion.ExcelRW to export data to an excelsheet. >>> >>>Some cells have backgroundcolors and borders. >>> >>>When open the excelfile with excel (Version 2000) everything seemed to be ok but on cells with border or backgroundcolor the format can''t be changed. In cells where no border or backgroundcolor is set everything worrks fine. >>> >>>The same behavior you get with the created excelsheets form the sample applications. >>> >>>

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 29, 2005 01:24 PM UTC

Stephen, I am using 3.0.1 and the problem still exists. To repro, just create a style and set a range''s "CellStyleName" to it. >Hi, > >I tested by creating a sample where the generated file has the following cell formatting > >1) Cell Text >2) Border >3) Background Color > >but could not see the problem when I opened the file in Office 2000. Could you please take a look at this sample and let me know if you see the problem. > >Sample > >Thanks, > >Stephen. > > >>I am using 2.1.0.9 and am experiencing the same problem. Will it be fixed in the upcoming 3.0 release? >> >>>Hi Rut, >>> >>>I will investigate into this this issue at the earliest. Could you please let me know the version of ExcelRW that you are using. Thanks. >>> >>>Best regards, >>> >>>Stephen. >>> >>>>We use the Syncfusion.ExcelRW to export data to an excelsheet. >>>> >>>>Some cells have backgroundcolors and borders. >>>> >>>>When open the excelfile with excel (Version 2000) everything seemed to be ok but on cells with border or backgroundcolor the format can''t be changed. In cells where no border or backgroundcolor is set everything worrks fine. >>>> >>>>The same behavior you get with the created excelsheets form the sample applications. >>>> >>>>

AV avilash replied to Jan Binge April 4, 2018 12:51 PM UTC

We use the Syncfusion.ExcelRW to export data to an excelsheet. Some cells have backgroundcolors and borders. When open the excelfile with excel (Version 2000) everything seemed to be ok but on cells with border or backgroundcolor the format can''t be changed. In cells where no border or backgroundcolor is set everything worrks fine. The same behavior you get with the created excelsheets form the sample applications.

I agree  your privacy policy and terms of service.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon